JS masters.......

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

JS masters.......

Postby OdysseySlipways » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:45 am

rather than high-jack someone else' thread i'll just start one here

I have JS's old masters and just dug out the box.

the Romulan Warbird i have here before me and it looks clean and ready to be molded. i thought i found more images of it wanting me to have new detail/master work done but if some of you really want one now, i could start setting it up for molding this week. it'll only be the main hull and 2 nacelles, no decals and nothing else. i'd just need to give it a coating of primer before i set it into the forms for molding.

$36.00 each

the Klingon Guardian of the Universe (also known as Fek'lhr) i also have siting here. i could mold it up as it but it really looks like it's got a lot of bald spots on it (lacking detail). those of you who have one would agree. i could either mold it up as is or i could try to add some detail to it going by some of the screen grabs i have seen but it has been a while so it might have been updated some more so i'll have to search for it again.

$45.00

Endeavor is here too. i don't know why, but looking at the saucer now, it' not so big as i remembered it. it is a decent sized saucer, but not nearly as thick as i was remembering. i don't have the pylons or the nacelles here but think i saw them on the bench. i don't know why i kept thinking it was something like 1/2"+ thick at the outer edge.......

i think i stopped on molding this as some of the details were really soft such as some faded windows here and details there.

i am not sure if i still have the mold for the engineering hull, but i know i saw the mold for the nacelle (looks like it used one nacelle for both sides).

i'll look to see if i can get the parts all together, but i don't have decals for it.

just taking a guess (without all of the parts in front of me) i'd be looking at about $55.00

but just so you know, the above prices are pretty firm but i wouldn't be completely sure until i had them molded and started casting them.

so if you are really interested in getting on in the next few weeks (i have to get them into rubber) let me know

also, if you have a set of decals for them and a scanner, i can get them printed (will change the kit prices)

want list:
(don't forget there' shipping)

Romulan Warcruiser (currenlt aprox $36.00 without decals)

Klingon Fek'lhr (currenlt aprox $45.00 without decals)

Federation Endevor (currenlt aprox $55.00 without decals)
1. Keith Parker
Last edited by OdysseySlipways on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: JS masters.......

Postby el gato » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:22 pm

In the other thread you referred to having the master for the Ambassador prototype. Are you referring to Probert's original design?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:49 pm

no, didn't have that one, i was going to get it but he told me it was damaged or something, so i didn't get it.

been trying to find pictures of that Roluman Warcruiser but haven't had any luck as of yet

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:12 am

okay, i started looking for something on the Romulan Warcruiser but found nothing on it no picture, nothing. so i moved on to the Klingon Guardian of the Universe and started doing a search for that and found a few tid-bits but not much.

here are the better (working) links that i found so far:

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Fek'lhr_class

a basic page with not a lot of anything other than one picture with the following information:

The Fek'lhr class was a Klingon warship that was named after the mythical Fek'lhr beast that was the guardian of Gre'thor where the dishonoured would go when they died.

They were armed with torpedoes that could be modified to create a temporary instable Ion storm that would damage anything inside of it. A prototype version of an Energy dissapator was present within the ship as well that would drain the power reserves of enemy warships. The ships were also armed with a prototype Shockwave weapon known as a Repulsion wave that was capable of knocking out enemy engines and leaving them spinning helplessly away from battle.

i haven't found any other info on this ship. so now i am going to look for good drawings of the D-7 as i want to look at the rear of the ship (would love to find some from Star Trek the Motion Picture with Shatner as they were pretty detailed) as i want to see the impulse engines.

i was hoping to have found something stating that this ship had rear torpedoes or something, but i only see forward firing weapons, so my thoughts of adding a torpedo launcher on the rear are no more.

i did just find this nice rear shot of one of the variants of this ship and it seems to have one impulse engine on the rear of the ship, at this time i'd just add that to the decals (at the moment that will include the Klingon Insignia)

so at this point i see no reason why i can't just give it a nice shot of primer and then put it in rubber but only if i hear some of you will be ready to buy them as i produce them. other wise i have to hold off as i have to hold onto what ever i can in materials for the Luna (and no, i haven't heard anything lately about the replacement saucer).

guess when i get back on here shortly i'll search for the Endeavor

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:27 am

looks like some major clean up for those
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:10 am

no, they are not pictures of the masters i have here, they are pictures of the resin castings he was reviewing at the time.

MEATLOAFr

Postby MEATLOAFr » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm

OdysseySlipways wrote:no, they are not pictures of the masters i have here, they are pictures of the resin castings he was reviewing at the time.

that's good
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:07 pm

if you were to handle these masters, you would think they were vaccum form kits perfectly built

Keith Parker
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby Keith Parker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Put me down for the Endeavor kit. Thank you.

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby OdysseySlipways » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:04 pm

guess i should start a running list just to keep track of ships/counts

okay, this morning i have been searching fro rear shots of some of the larger Klingon warships, starting with the K'Tinga, Q'ounos One, Vor'cha and the Neg'var for some possible ideas for adding some detail tot he rear of the Fek'lhr (didn't feel like typing out Guardian of the Universe).

i think if i were to try attempt anything in the way of additional detailing for the rear of the ship, i'll make it a separate part from the hull. this way, if the builder doesn't want that particular look, they don't have to add it and can make something of their own.

so far i have found these rear shots but am looking for a few more

K'Tinga (i never really knew that the area above the rear torpedo tube and impulse engines was a shuttle bay

Q'ounos One

i see to the sides of the impulse engines that they added detail tot he rear of the ship but recessing it into the hull, something i don't care to fiddle with on the original master (i see they also did it with the K'Tinga as well)

(looking at images like above makes me thing my modeling modeling skills are equal in some respects to there where the rest of the time, i could consider them as modeling gods)

i just found this one picture showing the rear of the Neg'var and the simple shape of it's impulse engines - sort of blah when you compare it to the D-7 and it's 4 impulse engines.

i'm also taking note to it's very basic detailing along the rear of the wings, i'm starting to think this ship was a rush job (when aren't they?) but makes me think i might be able to do something simple as well

i did start to take note of some possible detail just under the ship, below the torpedo launcher that might also lend itself to another detail part, but will have to go back and look some more to see if i can see some more of it

but at this time i'd like to know if any of the rear detail on either of these D-7's would be of interest as additional detail for the Fek'lar ship? and if so, what - similar torpedo tube? similar impulse engines... what?

i did see one, blurry shot of the aft of the Fek'lha and it showed some rear detail that included 2 impulse engines to the sides of what could have been a rear torpedo launcher. the impulse engines looked like if you took a piece of square tubing, cut one side off and added a piece of angle (90') to the one side making for a 5 sided shaped impulse engine.

guess i have been up here searching for a bit now as i put in the Close Encounter's DVD for mom to watch and it's now playing the closing credits.....will do some more searching tonight on the Vor'cha and the Neg'var and they try to start sketching up some ideas

Return to “1/2500”