Mo's Shipyard

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Mo's Shipyard

Postby mophius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:31 pm

el gato wrote:My first inclination was to do a silver/grey, but the Eaglemoss build has me wondering if maybe that's the way to go

I went for the silver. It hasn't covered as well as I would like but may give it a third tomorrow. I won't go over the grills again as they will have their own colour on top of this to give that a little glimmer.
Yes this is two coats I did try thinning a little with each coat to get a smoother cover but I don't think it works well with silver or any metallics as all you are doing is spreading the metallic flecks further.
DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

Also put on the saucer aztek on my refit. It did split though the lettering so I am going to see how it sits tomorrow as to whether I will remove it or not.
This is the original set of decals that came with my TMP set and you can remember the fun I had with the Reliant.
I do have some PNT refit decals to use but they don't have the azteks so I would have to get a more smoother or better finish on my hull.
DSC_0050.JPG
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby mophius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Had a major resin fondling session earlier. Took delivery of my MVM order which included the Venture, Aquisition Ferengi and a Klingon D32 as well as some others.

Looking forwards to getting the Venture home but need to find the right time. lol :lol:

And thanks for the pen Del. Your service is awesome as always

Imgur

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:51 pm

mophius wrote:Had a major resin fondling session earlier. Took delivery of my MVM order which included the Venture, Aquisition Ferengi and a Klingon D32 as well as some others.

:lol: Told ya! The decals alone...
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby mophius » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 pm

Not much to report.
I got the dorsal saucer decal to sit flat on the Refit after a few applications of microset. You can clearly see the line where the decal split and that the whole thing is sitting off to one side slightly.
DSC_0052.JPG

Tholian was next with a couple of coats of Finish.
No need for a photo as nothing has changed. I tried to do a wash but the water wouldn't spread nicely, kept globbing up.

The Surya got a sanding on the nacelles where I touched the paint after spraying.

Taj class scout got the most work tonight. I have filed down the leading and trailing edges of the wings. Also partly around the neck has had some work. The torpedo tube dish area has had some small sanding to get rid of some flash also. I also reworked the Impulse exhaust area to make the two ports more defined.

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

Imgur

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby mophius » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:50 pm

T'was a couple of days ago now but I have put some paint to the Taj class scout. Was a mix of three different greens and it came out only just lighter than a colour from the pot.
Here on its own.
DSC_0056.JPG

And here with the D7 and BOP
DSC_0055.JPG

Another one taking shape is the Sparta class from Northtrek creations.
Some small details went on is all.
DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

Imgur

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby mophius » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:39 pm

In other news,
Galor class got some lovin' this week due to my new colours. Bridge unit has had two coats, main hull only one. Vallejo Yellow Ochre.
DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

Sparta class has had some more detailing. Bussards are looking nice with the copper under the bright red. Blue fluxes may be a little too light, I am undecided on these.
DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

Finally the Ermac blockade runner/scout has had some colour again thanks to the new influx of colours. Vallejo UK Light Stone.
DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

Imgur

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:51 am

Vallejo has an impressive number of colors. I have several, although it was hard to choose. When you see their display, you are almost overwhelmed
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby mophius » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:52 pm

Small update.
Sparta class got some decals tonight. I also noticed that I missed some details on the dorsal side, mainly bridge dome and a couple of grey phaser tips? on the sections with the decals there are small raised sections, just a couple missed anyway.
DSC_0072.JPG

Galor main hull also got another, slightly thinned, coat on the main hull. This is quite a yellow colour I am hoping that the decals tone it down a little where they have weathering or plating on them.
DSC_0071.JPG

Ermac also got some details put on although again I am not sure on the colour.
DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

Imgur

Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Vahmp » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 pm

mophius wrote:Another one taking shape is the Sparta class from Northtrek creations.
Some small details went on is all. DSC_0053.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG

That Sparta Class.....
Reminds me of ST: DIS
It looks like it would fit in with the ships (like the Shenzhou and alike) from that show. :lol:
Laterz...
Vahmp

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby mophius » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:51 pm

It is supposed to be from the DS9/VOY era but yes I can see where you see it.

Imgur

Return to “1/2500”