New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
User avatar
Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Posts: 2521
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby Tesral » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 am

FYI: A single deck in 1/2500 is 0.06".
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

User avatar
Vahmp
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 pm
Location: Sao Paulo, Brasil

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby Vahmp » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:40 am

Tesral wrote:FYI: A single deck in 1/2500 is 0.06".



Really? :?: :o You're telling me a deck is only 5 feet high? :o :?:
I just ran your 0.06cm to 1/2500 and got a height of 5 feet Tesral. :?
Sorry, but that doesn't sound right. :? :?:

I calculated 8 feet to equal 0.1cm, which I belive is 1mm. Isn't it?
That makes a deck about 7 to 8 feet tall, give or take Jeffries tubes ect...
So being that the saucer rims are 2 decks, and measure out to 2 mm thick (I used a caliper measure tool. I guess that's what it's called?), it makes the decks on Fed ships 7 to 8 feet tall inside.
o2350469.png


Now... Since the thickness of the "car wheel hub cover" is 3 1/2500 saucer rims thick.
And.... remembering, this isn't a Federation outpost, it's an alien derelict base, found by Starfleet, on the outskirts of Fed Space.
4 decks high would equal to 12 feet tall decks . Very tall decks...

I think I did that math correctly :?: :!: , cause I did use a "Scale Master" program.
Laterz...
Vahmp

User avatar
Greyryder
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 am
Contact:

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby Greyryder » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:29 am

Vahmp wrote:
Tesral wrote:FYI: A single deck in 1/2500 is 0.06".



Really? :?: :o You're telling me a deck is only 5 feet high? :o :?:
I just ran your 0.06cm to 1/2500 and got a height of 5 feet Tesral. :?
Sorry, but that doesn't sound right. :? :?:

I calculated 8 feet to equal 0.1cm, which I belive is 1mm. Isn't it?
That makes a deck about 7 to 8 feet tall, give or take Jeffries tubes ect...
So being that the saucer rims are 2 decks, and measure out to 2 mm thick (I used a caliper measure tool. I guess that's what it's called?), it makes the decks on Fed ships 7 to 8 feet tall inside.
o2350469.png

Now... Since the thickness of the "car wheel hub cover" is 3 1/2500 saucer rims thick.
And.... remembering, this isn't a Federation outpost, it's an alien derelict base, found by Starfleet, on the outskirts of Fed Space.
4 decks high would equal to 12 feet tall decks . Very tall decks...

I think I did that math correctly :?: :!: , cause I did use a "Scale Master" program.


0.06" is six hundredths of an inch not of a millimeter.

shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby shiftdel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am

I think Tesral is right, Vahmp; 0.06" correspond to 0.1524 cm = 3.81 m tall; although the standard deck height is still uncertain, heights from 3 to 4 m tall would be correct, the smallest may be 2.5 m tall.

User avatar
Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Posts: 2521
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby Tesral » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Vahmp wrote:
Tesral wrote:FYI: A single deck in 1/2500 is 0.06".



Really? :?: :o You're telling me a deck is only 5 feet high? :o :?:
I just ran your 0.06cm to 1/2500 and got a height of 5 feet Tesral. :?
Sorry, but that doesn't sound right. :? :?:
.


INCHES 0.06 inches. Not centimeters.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 4878
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby el gato » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm

This whole mess could've been avoided if the US would've adopted the metric system instead of being one of three countries that still uses the bloody imperial system. Not even the imperialists who devised the imperial system still uses it
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Posts: 2521
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby Tesral » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:48 pm

el gato wrote:This whole mess could've been avoided if the US would've adopted the metric system instead of being one of three countries that still uses the bloody imperial system. Not even the imperialists who devised the imperial system still uses it


There is a certain elegance in measures derived from the human body.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 4878
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby el gato » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Ah, but the Federation is not just composed of humans. And it also presumes that all humans have the same measurements for all parts.

And the metric system is so much easier
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Posts: 2521
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby Tesral » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:58 pm

el gato wrote:Ah, but the Federation is not just composed of humans. And it also presumes that all humans have the same measurements for all parts.

And the metric system is so much easier


With all the cold logic of Vulcan humor.

Actually it was invented by French revolutionaries that were determined to throw out everything that came before.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

User avatar
Vahmp
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 pm
Location: Sao Paulo, Brasil

Re: New (small) 1/2500 Station... Chevon-6

Postby Vahmp » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:04 am

Ah.............! :o
Ok! Sorry. :oops:
Why didn't ya say so in the first place!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laterz...
Vahmp


Return to “1/2500”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Chadot2002, estesrf, MEATLOAFr and 25 guests