1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C (So it begins)

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
MSgtUSAFRet
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: 1/1400 AMT Enterprise-C (So it begins)

Postby MSgtUSAFRet » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:44 am

novahobbies wrote:
SKO wrote:
Dr_Corsa wrote:Hey,

just a little reminder: the impulce ingine on Ent-C was blue! All another ambassador class ships had a normal orange impulce.

Greeting,
Michael

That always bugged me and I flat out ignored that when I made mine. I convinced myself that was some weird low power setting due to the damage it had taken and that since I was building mine as a pristine, clean E-C that it would have a red impulse. There's enough blues and greys on federation ships to begin with that those little red impulse engines always offer a nice contrast.

Honestly I agree with SKO about this. Some things may be "screen accurate," but when you really ask yourself WHY and don't have a good answer, it's better to just go with your gut. Mine's red also. But you know....your model, your choice! :-D Make 'em green if you want and say it's powered by a Romulan core.

Well....I didn't want to be a nay-sayer buuuuuuuuut as you may have noticed from my drawings, I plan to make my impulse engines red. I figured since I was already planning to go off the reservation with my paint color scheme, I can have a red impulse engines to boot.

Sorry Doc. :)

Nova, I hope you can give your build some good TLC. I would love to see it done. However, thanks for the heads up and tips!!

SKO - do you have a thread or a few pics of your build? I'd like to see them!

Thanks for the comments!

Steve

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby SKO » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:08 am

MSgtUSAFRet wrote:
novahobbies wrote:
SKO wrote:
That always bugged me and I flat out ignored that when I made mine. I convinced myself that was some weird low power setting due to the damage it had taken and that since I was building mine as a pristine, clean E-C that it would have a red impulse. There's enough blues and greys on federation ships to begin with that those little red impulse engines always offer a nice contrast.

Honestly I agree with SKO about this. Some things may be "screen accurate," but when you really ask yourself WHY and don't have a good answer, it's better to just go with your gut. Mine's red also. But you know....your model, your choice! :-D Make 'em green if you want and say it's powered by a Romulan core.

Well....I didn't want to be a nay-sayer buuuuuuuuut as you may have noticed from my drawings, I plan to make my impulse engines red. I figured since I was already planning to go off the reservation with my paint color scheme, I can have a red impulse engines to boot.

Sorry Doc. :)

Nova, I hope you can give your build some good TLC. I would love to see it done. However, thanks for the heads up and tips!!

SKO - do you have a thread or a few pics of your build? I'd like to see them!

Thanks for the comments!

Steve

Here ya go, though I can’t imagine I’d be much of an inspiration to someone with your skills, based on the work you’ve posted in here. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4889

Dingbat
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby Dingbat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:40 am

Hey MSgt
Earlier in your thread you mentioned Angrysifimodeler's videos. I dont know how I missed them but he has some great ideas that are making me rethink some of my own. Thanks for the info on this guy. His videos are a blast to watch!

Return to “1/1400”