1:1400 scale Freedom class kits

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
Quark_1961
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Re: 1:1400 scale Freedom class kits

Post by Quark_1961 »

andyh wrote:
Quark_1961 wrote:
paul01 wrote:5 Freedom Class kits are finally ready to be posted. If no one else is interested, I'll consider ebay as a place for people to buy them from instead.
I'll be posting a kit review of mine once it arrives to the builders board I run. I do reviews regularly there and always stir up interest. I'm sure I'll be sending customers your way. Very much anticipating the kit you have for me! I love the single nacelle ships and the Freedom class is their queen.

- Tom Z
Tom, just remember to mention on your review, that the kit was originally not designed to be "a kitted" model, as Paul built this without releasing it in mind (that's why it's not typical to some other model kits with multiple parts that need to be fitted together and it's just a two piece model) ;)

Andy

Understood, Andy. I think most folks who build resin kits are used to there being few parts, but I'll be sure to make the notation.

- T
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #208

"Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer."
Schalldampfer
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Schalldampfer »

Just got my kit last night and I was impressed! First off the box comes labeled with a silhouette of the ship and info on the maker. I didn't know you had a model company, Paul. The kit itself is nice. There is a seam along the nacelle with the molding sprue remnant but details are good. The saucer is also molded well and has some excess resin to be sanded off and some pits here and there to be filled but looks good otherwise. Decals are decent and includes everything you need to mark up the ship from registry to escape pod hatches. Thanks again Paul and Andy!

RioBravo67
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by RioBravo67 »

andyh wrote:Getting the kits ready to send to Paul.

I'm using the standard resin for the saucers as my gray resin is very heavy. However, I'm not used to the usual cream resin that a lot of garage kits are made from (it goes off way too quick for me and I have trouble getting it into the mold before it goes off), and I've had a couple of disasters with it (the two reject saucers are on the very right).

Anyway, I have now got enough serviceable saucers to send, but I'm sorry to say that you will need a bit of putty here and there on the saucers.

Andy
Andy, I want one. Let me know how I order one if you have any left.
Jesse
Live Long and Prosper.
Quark_1961
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Quark_1961 »

My kit arrived today too without mishap and I'm quite pleased to have it! It'll be a fine addition to my room of 1/1400s.

- Tom Z

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh »

Jesse, Paul (first poster on this thread) should be able to hook you up with one.
For the rest of you who have already received your kits, the decal sheets are un coated.

Whilst they are ALPS printed and won't run when wet, it is always wise to give the decals a covering with decal sealer or clear gloss acrylic to strengthen them (prevent tears).

Andy
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

It appears that I have an extra bit of cash this month.

Is one still available?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
RioBravo67
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by RioBravo67 »

[quote="paul01"]So I'm just puttin it out there, if anyone would be interested in purchasing a Freedom class resin kit that was featured in a previous post by Andy H. There will, however be a limited run of 10 or so casts.

Let me know if you're interested...

-Paul[/quote

Paul,
Just let me know when it's ready. I appreciate your quick response. Many thnx.
Jesse
Live Long and Prosper.
Quark_1961
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Quark_1961 »

RioBravo67 wrote:
paul01 wrote:So I'm just puttin it out there, if anyone would be interested in purchasing a Freedom class resin kit that was featured in a previous post by Andy H. There will, however be a limited run of 10 or so casts.

-Paul

Paul,
Jesse
Best bet is to send paul01 a PM, Jesse. He's more likely to see that than your post here. That's how I ordered mine.

- Tom Z

RioBravo67
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by RioBravo67 »

Quark_1961 wrote:
RioBravo67 wrote:
paul01 wrote:So I'm just puttin it out there, if anyone would be interested in purchasing a Freedom class resin kit that was featured in a previous post by Andy H. There will, however be a limited run of 10 or so casts.

-Paul

Paul,
Jesse
Best bet is to send paul01 a PM, Jesse. He's more likely to see that than your post here. That's how I ordered mine.

- Tom Z
Quark_1961 wrote:
RioBravo67 wrote:

-Paul

Paul,
Jesse

- Tom Z
Hey Thomas,
Just joined so unable to pm directly. I'll have to keep posting till I'm allowed to pm him directly.
Jesse
Live Long and Prosper.
paul01
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by paul01 »

I'm hoping to have more ready to go by the end of next week and will PM those who recently expressed interest in purchasing one.
"It's time to put an end to your 'trek' through the stars and make room for more worthy species"

Return to “1/1400”