AMT/Ertl Enterprise B Build

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: AMT/Ertl Enterprise B Build

Postby mophius » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:10 am

Griffworks wrote:
mophius wrote:I think a corrugated door across the lot is the way to go. I just need to find some.

For this scale, I’d recommend Evergreen V-Groove .050” (1.3mm) spacing, .020” (0.5mm) thickness sheet stock. Stock Number is 2050 - usually EVG2050 or something similar.

Thanks Griff, I'll look into it.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

arcticfox
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby arcticfox » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Gaps.

This model was partly built when I got it and I'm very sad about some of the seams and joints.

The primary hull wasn't too bad, I only had to apply some Games Workshop Liquid Greenstuff to the joins for the outboard impulse engine exhausts and a little to the hull below the inboard impulse engines.

The Secondary hull... woof.

I don't blame the first builder, as I get the impression the model really isn't that great anyway. In any case, lots of work. The seams around the shuttlebay are terrible and the hole for the display stand cries out for reshaping and filling...

A little liquid greenstuff:

The seams around the navigational deflector are rough too.

And lots more liquid greenstuff:

After it's cured I'll do some sanding where I can, and will probably need to add more greenstuff around the shuttlebay and the hole for the stand.

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby novahobbies » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 pm

What is this Liquid Green Stuff you speak of? I may need to check this out!

arcticfox
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby arcticfox » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 am

novahobbies wrote:What is this Liquid Green Stuff you speak of? I may need to check this out!

It's a product made by Citadel, which is the Games Workshop brand of paints and hobby stuff. It's basically the blue/yellow putty but it comes in a small jar and has the consistency of really thick toothpase. You can see the little jar in the background of the last photo.

I like it because it's super easy to work with, and you can minimize waste by not having to pre-mix it and guess at how much you need.

holt35
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby holt35 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Yeah the Enterprise-B model is bad when it comes to the seams but once they are filled it's a good looking model. I would think about filling in the windows on the secondary hull and going with decals for them, the windows are way out of scale and make the model look like a toy.

Return to “1/1000”