USS Surprise, NCC-919, Alert-class Refit

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

USS Surprise, NCC-919, Alert-class Refit

Post by Griffworks »

This is my version on what a refit Alert-class Perimeter Action Ship would look like with Phase II / Movie Era technology. The base for the model is the old Starship Modeler Kit Factory Alert-class model. It's 1/1000 scale and originally meant to utilize the Polar Lights TOS Enterprise kits nacelles, dish, and bridge to complete the kit.
IMG_1723.JPG
IMG_1724.JPG

I'm using the following parts to bring mine up to closer to Refit specifications with all but the last piece coming in for/from 1/1000 models: Bridge w/B&C deck from JT Graphics; Phase II nacelles from UGH! Models; split impulse deck from Federation Models; saucer mounted navigational deflector from Federation Models; two lower primary hull "slices" from a Round2 Refit; and the lower Shuttle bay piece from a 1/1400 Yamaguchi kit from ERTL/AMT - which is actually modified from a 1/1000 Excelsior kit.
IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_1794.JPG
I added some sheet stock to the lower aft extension to thicken it a bit. I need to decide on how to blend the hangar bay to the rest of the lower hull. I'll likely go with a mix of sheet styrene and putty.

Still very much a Work-In-Progress!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: USS Surprise, NCC-919, Alert-class Refit

Post by el gato »

I like where you're going with this. The pylons seem a bit wispy to me, though. Maybe having them at a slant or suggest they're somewhere between the TOS version and the Phase II or between TOS and Refit?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Actually, that's what I was considering for the pylons! I was going to try and blend some sheet stock aftward, fairing it in exactly like on the Phase II and Refit Enterprises.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Cool! Can't wait to see it
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “1/1000”