Possible 1000 Projects from Round 2

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Scotchyn
3/4 Highlander, 1/4 Tamale
3/4 Highlander, 1/4 Tamale

Possible 1000 Projects from Round 2

Postby Scotchyn » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:57 am

While their was not an official announcement of anything new Trek wise from R2 this year, they have given us some hints about what they are thinking about for future releases.
On Sunday, R2 had a survey available so we could 'vote" on what some future projects might be.
The list was quite interesting to say the least:

Constellation(Stargazer)
FJ Scout/Destroyer(yes Franz Joseph!) :shock:
Battle Damaged Refit w/Drydock :shock:
Enterprise D(this proves that they look at forums)
K'Tinga
Defiant
Voyager
Grissom/KBOP 2 pack!! :shock:

so let R2 know what you think, shoot them an email and let them know what you would like to possible see next

http://www.round2models.com/contact

One last thing, also mentioned was a Galaxy Dreadnaught(All Good Things) and a Nebula. No scale was mentioned, but it was lumped together w/the 1/1000 choices, so their ya go

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: Possible 1000 Projects from Round 2

Postby Moongrim » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:50 pm

I find myself salivating.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Owen E Oulton
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby Owen E Oulton » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:49 pm

Dropped them a message supporting the K'Tinga, Defiant, Voyager and a Grissom/KBOP 2 pack. I have no use, or, indeed room, for a 1/1000 E-D, either series or AGT refit, nor am I interested in a Constellation which, as a kit-bash, is right down there with the worst of the DS9 Frankenfleet. :evil:

Shark
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Shark » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:35 pm

I put all my cards on the K'T'inga. I think it'd be the most popular of the options and it makes the most sense after the Romulan bird of prey. I also tried to sell them on making it possible to build as a standard K'T'inga and as the "Kronos One" variant, which was actually seen more than the original version thanks to it's appearances on DS9, Voyager and Enterprise (Yeah a mistake, but it's "canon").

The FJ version is out of left field, I wouldn't have considered that a possibility! I wouldn't mind the Grissom/Kbop set but they'd be small and I'd prefer the K'T'inga.

Thanks for posting!

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Postby trekriffic » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Shark wrote:I put all my cards on the K'T'inga. I think it'd be the most popular of the options and it makes the most sense after the Romulan bird of prey. I also tried to sell them on making it possible to build as a standard K'T'inga and as the "Kronos One" variant, which was actually seen more than the original version thanks to it's appearances on DS9, Voyager and Enterprise (Yeah a mistake, but it's "canon").

The FJ version is out of left field, I wouldn't have considered that a possibility! I wouldn't mind the Grissom/Kbop set but they'd be small and I'd prefer the K'T'inga.

Thanks for posting!

A Qo'NoS One option for the K'T'inga would ideally include photo-etch for all the extra ornamentation that ship had. Besides that, there are a few other things that are different from the STTMP version, like the top of the bridge for one thing, which would require a few optional plastic parts. I could see Round 2 providing the latter but probably not the former so this could be a nice aftermarket opportunity for ParaGrafix if this kit ever comes to pass.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Shark
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Shark » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:31 pm

trekriffic wrote:
Shark wrote:I put all my cards on the K'T'inga. I think it'd be the most popular of the options and it makes the most sense after the Romulan bird of prey. I also tried to sell them on making it possible to build as a standard K'T'inga and as the "Kronos One" variant, which was actually seen more than the original version thanks to it's appearances on DS9, Voyager and Enterprise (Yeah a mistake, but it's "canon").

Thanks for posting!

A Qo'NoS One option for the K'T'inga would ideally include photo-etch for all the extra ornamentation that ship had. Besides that, there are a few other things that are different from the STTMP version, like the top of the bridge for one thing, which would require a few optional plastic parts. I could see Round 2 providing the latter but probably not the former so this could be a nice aftermarket opportunity for ParaGrafix if this kit ever comes to pass.

You know, I was at my appointment today thinking the same thing; re: photo-etch. And I don't think you're wrong in you prediction of R2 not producing the model with photo-etch. But why couldn't R2 do photo-etch? I mean, other companies do it - just look at any 1/350 ship or submarine model produced by any non-American company? Plenty of etch in those, why not a sci-fi subject as well. If you're gonna bother shooting, why not shoot for the stars?

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:24 am

My message that I sent to Round 2.
I am given to understand that R2 is thinking of creating: Constellation(Stargazer),
FJ Scout/Destroyer,
Battle Damaged Refit,w/Drydock,
Enterprise D in 1:1000,
K'Tinga in 1:350, Defiant, Voyager, Grissom/KBOP 2 pack. etc, The Nebula Class. I'd thought I'd let you know, that even at 51 years of age I still spend way too much money on this, and I plan to continue doing so until I die.
Which is why Federation Models amongst other garage kit manufacturers of Star Trek ships- get so much of my money.
Just saying...
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

cosika321
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby cosika321 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:45 am

This is what I sent:

Hello, regarding your request for input for future Star Trek kit releases at Wonderfest:

For the 1/2500 scale Cadet Series line, I would love to see the Excelsior/KBoP/Grissom set. While I would like to see both the NX-01 and Voyager done - they are both series hero ships, putting them together and adding the Stargazer just seems to be an odd combination.

Another set I would suggest would be a Klingon set, add the Qo'nos One (K'tinga with new decals) the KBoP and Vor'cha.

For the 1/1000 scale line, the Enterprise-D would be very welcome, as would the K'Tinga, Voyager, Klingon Bird of Prey and Defiant.

Thank you for your time.

Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Postby Cubey Terra » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:00 pm

I would LOVE to have a Constellation kit or an Ent D. I'm not sure a battle damage refit is necessary when refit kits already exist in this scale, and we can battle-damage them ourselves. As for a 1/1000 scale Klingon ship, it would be nice for completeness, but I'm not as keen on building one of those as I am the Stargazer.

jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby jkb-1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:20 pm

I wonder if they could be talked into including the Orbital Office Complex/Regula 1 with the Drydock rather than a Battle-Damaged Enterprise. The reason to buy this kit would be for the fiddly bits; the cranes, spotlights, gangways, etc. Some parts may be too fiddly for an injected plastic kit: a 1/1000th Workbee would be about half the size of the 1/2500 Runabouts in the DS9 kit.

The Franz Joseph idea has me confused. I'm given to understand FJ was allowed to copyright the Tech Manual to himself. I am not a lawyer, but this would seem a separate license, more like making a Space: 1999 kit than a Star Trek: Vanguard kit. Not something I'd ask R2 to do, but if they go to the effort, I'd support it by buying a kit (or two, one for the Destroyer, and one for the Scout -- hey, FJ has phaser bumps and photon torpedo ports, this would require a reworked saucer as well as a reworked nacelle -- that raises the spectre of kitbashing a FJ Constitution from the kit, although I'd probably wait for a Dreadnought kit's nacelles rather than rereworking a Destroyers's.)

If I could only get one, I have to go for the Voyager.

Return to “1/1000”