Nova's "Doomsday Machine" Battle Damaged USS Constellation

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Nova's "Doomsday Machine" Battle Damaged USS Constellation

Post by nova1972x »

nova1972x wrote:So I was about to break down one of my Connies I had assembled, but couldn't do it.

So, I purchased a new primary and secondary hull, un-assembled. Along with spare parts and spare nacelles, I have enough to assemble a new ship, then destroy it a little.

nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Nova's "Doomsday Machine" Battle Damaged USS Constellation

Post by nova1972x »

So, just reposting a previous post to start my own thread here, not that much progress has been made, other than assembly of the ship. Still researching the battle damage itself, to try to get it to match. I think since this is my first battle damage ship, I will wimp out and do the original TOS version, rather than remastered version.
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Kremin »

It's a good excuse to rewatch episodes again I need to sit and see how many times Excalibur was hit and where then work out how those hits killed the entire crew
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Kremin wrote:It's a good excuse to rewatch episodes again I need to sit and see how many times Excalibur was hit and where then work out how those hits killed the entire crew
My best guess for how it killed the crew with 2 shots
1st shot took out Inertial Dampeners and/or gravity - knocking out the safety systems and turning the crew into chunky salsa against all the walls
2nd shot took out life support and/or computer systems

both shots to an un-shielded hull would most likely cause many hull breaches and would vent a good portion of oxygen to space
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

MEATLOAFr wrote:
Kremin wrote:It's a good excuse to rewatch episodes again I need to sit and see how many times Excalibur was hit and where then work out how those hits killed the entire crew
1st shot took out Inertial Dampeners and/or gravity - knocking out the safety systems and turning the crew into chunky salsa against all the walls

both shots to an un-shielded hull would most likely cause many hull breaches and would vent a good portion of oxygen to space
From the proper angle you could take out the bridge and the main computer core in the center of the primary hull. Then a second shot to the middle of the secondary hull forward of the nacelle pylons would rupture the antimatter pods and it's a big KABOOM!
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

MEATLOAFr wrote:

Those are excellent guesses. M5 would've figured out an efficient way to take out a Constitution Class ship crewed by a bunch of humans.

BTW, if you're looking for inspiration, here is the link to the Model Citizen's USS Excalibur Memorial page
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “2017 Group Build (Closed)”