50th Anniversary TOS Group Build - The end is here !

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

50th Anniversary TOS Group Build - The end is here !

Postby Julien » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:54 am

With only two weeks left in the group build, it's time to wrap it up !

Here's the schedule :

- If you have finished your build, you must published some pics of the completed model on September 8th at the latest !
You can also add "finished" to the topic title, it will make it easier for me to see who finished and who didn't.

- If you don't finish your build in time, please add "withdrawn" to the title. If you plan to finish it outside the group build, let the admin team know and the topic will be move to another forum where you can continue to share you work.

- The draw will take place on the next Saturday, September 10th. I will record the draw and publish the video on this forum so everyone can see to it was done correctly.

- After that, I will let the donors know who they're sending their kit to, and I let you guys deal directly with each other.

I'm also starting a list of the members who completed their build, so I'm sure I don't miss anyone.

Finished build on September 8th :

- DefiantClient
- Moongrim
- Trekkiffic
- Cubey Terra
- Kremin
- El Gato

If don't see you name on the list even though you've completed your build, feel free to send me a pm.
Last edited by Julien on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: 50th Anniversary TOS Group Build - The end is near !

Postby DefiantClient » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:11 am

I believe Trekriffic finished that Dreadnought build.

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Postby trekriffic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:17 pm

DefiantClient wrote:I believe Trekriffic finished that Dreadnought build.

I just need to finish decaling and sealing the base before I take the final pics. Technically though the Abaddon is finished.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby Drop_Bear » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:19 am

I have a tiny chance of being done on time... can I keep my thread here, as-is until the eleventh hour? If I don't get it done on time then I will ask to have it moved, but I want to stick it out and see what happens.
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby DefiantClient » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:18 am

Drop_Bear wrote:I have a tiny chance of being done on time... can I keep my thread here, as-is until the eleventh hour? If I don't get it done on time then I will ask to have it moved, but I want to stick it out and see what happens.

When you reply to your thread, you can change the title in the subject if you started the thread. It should change on the page it's posted to what you named it in your latest post. So on the last day, when you reply to your thread, you can tack on "(Complete)" or "(Not Finished)" in the subject. Neat little feature.

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Julien » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Drop_Bear wrote:I have a tiny chance of being done on time... can I keep my thread here, as-is until the eleventh hour? If I don't get it done on time then I will ask to have it moved, but I want to stick it out and see what happens.

Yes, of course you can work on it until the last minute...

It's only if you know you're not gonna finish it that you can mark it as "withdrawn"... ;)

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Julien » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:36 am

I've updated the list with all finished entries...

Out of 15 members who started a build, 7 managed to complete their project. Not bad. :mrgreen:

With 8 members who pledged to donate a kit, there you should be a prize for everyone.:dancingbanana:

The draw will take place tomorrow, and I'll record it so everyone can see that it's done correctly.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Julien wrote:I've updated the list with all finished entries...

Out of 15 members who started a build, 7 managed to complete their project. Not bad. :mrgreen:

I think that's definitely among the best showings yet, correct? Almost 50% of entries were completed? Congrats to all! And to those who ran out of time, please continue. I, for one, am very interested in how your projects will come out! :thumbsup:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 pm

Julien wrote:I've updated the list with all finished entries...

With 8 members who pledged to donate a kit, there you should be a prize for everyone.:dancingbanana:

The draw will take place tomorrow, and I'll record it so everyone can see that it's done correctly.

Looks like the #1 builder might get 2 kits then
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: 50th Anniversary TOS Group Build - The end is here !

Postby el gato » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:17 pm

I noticed that you didn't put yourself down as someone who completed his build, Julien. I know you're the organizer, but you should be there too.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “2016 Group Build (Closed)”