NCC1966 Entry - Pre-TOS Scratch Build - WITHDRAW

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: NCC1966 Entry - Pre-TOS Scratch Build

Post by Moongrim »

I remember when it was just Sword of Shannara. Now it's up to what? Seven or eight novels, including the prequel to Sword of Shannara?

I may have to go out and scare those books up and read them sometime.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Have no idea about this Sword thing... I am talking about a new TV series that started this year (or last year, not sure, because I download it). Very cool to my taste and way more simple than Tolkien stuff. Actually it doesn't have any relationship with LOR and such. Just there are some elves, orcs, humans, etc, fighting against the evil in a distant future Earth.

:)
Thanks,

Yan.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I was unaware of a TV show involving Shannara.

I was referencing the book series that the tv series was based upon: https://www.goodreads.com/series/99160- ... ew-readers
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

I see. I don't know those books. Well I am not a READER though.

:oops:

To tell the truth reading is more like a suffering than a pleasure for me...

:lol:
Thanks,

Yan.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

I've read all the Shannara books. The TV show was fun, sorta dumbed down for a younger demographic. The books were much better as is often the case with fantasy where the mind's eye can create a much richer experience than is possible thru the medium of TV which leaves so much less to the imagination.

************Spoiler Alert**************

The good guys beat the bad guys in the end! :lol:
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

I am feeling myself part of the dumb younger demographic now. It can be bad or good depending on the point of view. Heck, people say all the time that I don't look to be 50. So I will took it as a compliment.

8-)
Thanks,

Yan.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Small progresses. I puttied and sanded the parts, then painted with a medium grey that will be final color of the ship. Then I puttied again some spots, more sanding and more paint. In the second picture the parts seem to be a bit bluish but it's just the light...

Bottom and top of the saucer, plus the nacelle pylons structure:

Nacelles, impulse engine and shuttle bay (already painted in gun metal):

Here the "neck" that will connect the saucer to the pylons structure. It still needs some working:

That's all for now!

Thanks,

Yan.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: NCC1966 Entry - Pre-TOS Scratch Build - WITHDRAW

Post by NCC1966 »

I would like to say thank you to all mates that followed this thread but I am officially withdrawing my participation.

The main reason is because I think it's not worthy of this GB. My model is ridiculously stupid and crude so I really doubt that it would barely resemble something from Federation. Well, perhaps a piece of junk floating around to be used to realign phasers...

:oops:

Anyway, if it was ONLY this (LoL!) maybe I'd finish the lil monster to just vaporize it from the face of the Earth with a big hammer. The other reason why I am giving up is because I broke the nacelle pylons structure in the final step so I got upset and ended abandoning it on the workbench for over a month and now I am not feeling the will to retake the project.

Well, that's it... I will be following the other threads. I will be trying something else in the next GB.

Thanks,

Yan.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I am sorry to hear that. But I understand your frustration.
- J.L.Picard.
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien »

Sorry to hear that. It was an interesting project !
The Belgian Builder

Return to “2016 Group Build (Closed)”