Getting started

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: Getting started

Post by mophius »

I was going to splash out on some nice FedMod ones to go on the C, D and E. I have seen the poor decals in the box and it would take a lot of time for me to mask and paint.
Being a new modeller I am very much the instant fix type of guy and not the long haul type modeller.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

mophius wrote:I was going to splash out on some nice FedMod ones to go on the C, D and E. I have seen the poor decals in the box and it would take a lot of time for me to mask and paint.
Being a new modeller I am very much the instant fix type of guy and not the long haul type modeller.
If you are after an "instant fix" trust me: the new version decals are what you are looking for. Basically they were made having in mind to assemble the model, to lay down an overall base paint on the whole ship and then do ALL the rest with decals.

Check my thread with pictures at https://www.allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=4351

Trust me, ALL the details including the nacelles are decals! The ONLY thing I painted (beside the hull) were that two clear red squares in the back of the hull — sorry I don't know how it's called! — that were masked and airbrushed and the deflector that I painted by hand with a brush in brass.
:)
Thanks,

Yan.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

mophius wrote:I was going to splash out on some nice FedMod ones to go on the C, D and E. I have seen the poor decals in the box and it would take a lot of time for me to mask and paint.
I built mine with Absolute Models decals; this was before the cadet series kits came out.
They turned out rather nicely IIDSSM:
AMT 3 ship set B-C-E.jpg
AMT 3 ship set B-C-E.jpg (15.3 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

trekriffic wrote:
I built mine with Absolute Models decals; this was before the cadet series kits came out.
They turned out rather nicely IIDSSM:

AMT 3 ship set B-C-E.jpg
They turned out really great Trekriffic as everything else you do! :)

In comparison the Cadet series decals for the Ent-E has a greenish curve while the one you used from Absolute Models version are more grayish that gives a more flat/discreet look. Check below a picture of mine!

Thanks,

Yan.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

I just purchased some supplies to do a lit kit
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Return to “General Trek”