Enterprise Refit (by Ulvdemon) VOTE!

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
ulvdemon
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Enterprise Refit (by Ulvdemon) VOTE!

Postby ulvdemon » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Morning everyone. Here is my entry into the contest. The 1/537(529) Enterprise from Star Trek VI. I was able to get this without the decals, so I am looking into getting the decals for it now. So as of yet, no name for this beauty but I am sure by the time I get some sanding time on this, I will have a name for it.

Last edited by ulvdemon on Thu May 01, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Re: 1/537 Refit

Postby Cubey Terra » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Wow, that's the exact kit I just finished. Tip: Be sure to reinforce the top of the secondary hull before you attach the "neck". The weight of the saucer can cause cracks to open up. Also, look into DLM for replacement parts for the bussard collectors, bridge, sensor dome, torpedo bays, and impulse dome. The kit parts for those really suck.

It's not a pretty kit, but it can sure look amazing on the shelf with a bit of paint on it. :)

Edit: I forgot that for the contest, you can't use 3rd party parts. Even so, I'm sure it will come out well. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby curt » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Brave soul!

I looked at this kit to build for the contest for about 5 seconds before moving on. I am not up for the filling and sanding at this time. Good luck cant wait to see it come out. If you intrested I think I have a. set of the original kit decals in good shape

ulvdemon
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby ulvdemon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:25 pm

I would be interested in the decals, send me a PM on how much plus shipping and I will get with you. Might be in two weeks though.

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby curt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Let me check my pile O'stuff.

Curt

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:02 pm

It'll be good to see one of those done up.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

ulvdemon
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby ulvdemon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:25 pm

I am looking forward to the challenge.... or headache! :mrgreen:

ulvdemon
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby ulvdemon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Just letting everyone know that I am still alive and working on this build. After finishing up a project for my supervisor at work, I started sanding my Refit last night. I am more focusing on knocking down the panels, not going for smooth.
So far I have sanded everything except for the saucer halves, the neck, and one engine.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:06 pm

They had to carve into the injection plates to make the bloody tiles, so knocking them down brings the overall shape of the kit closer to the original "smoothy" dimensions. Looking forward to the pics
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Postby Cubey Terra » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:38 pm

That's a LOT of sanding. It's probably worth the effort to get rid of those horrible brick lines. Are you going to do the little shuttle craft too?

Return to “Newbie Contest Entries”