Dominion war Miranda (by SingleMind) VOTE!

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Dominion war Miranda (by SingleMind) VOTE!

Post by SingleMind »

I am going with the round 2 reliant and am going to paint it to fit in with the dominion war and give it a unique paint color. All fitting in with a backstory will be told when I'm done.

Last edited by SingleMind on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confidence - that feeling you get right before you fully understand the situation.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: 1/2500 dominion war Miranda

Post by SingleMind »

Little bit of putty

A little bit of primer

Few spots showed up so little more putty and i will be ready to paint her up. I love when I get to the painting stage. It's still new for me and is exciting to see progress.
Confidence - that feeling you get right before you fully understand the situation.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Looking good! Cant wait to see it finished
Burke
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Burke »

looks good I hate the putty stage lol....
Professor Theophilus
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Professor Theophilus »

Looking good. I was thinking of doing something similar with my big reliant. But I think I am going to make it the Majestic, but the way I think it should've looked with more of an Ambassador paint scheme and phaser strips. I am doing the same with a 1/1000 excelsior.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by SingleMind »

USS T'pel back story

Commissioned in 2275 Under the command of N'vok, The T 'pel was one of the few Starfleet vessels crewed exclusively by vulcans. She was named after the Vulcan scientist that first broke the warp barrier and her registry number is the earth year Vulcans say they took to the stars. The T'pel served as a deep space explorer for over thirty years. She charted near a third of the Federation explored beta quadrant.

So detail painted and masked off. Will be painting the base color tomorrow at work.

This is my favorite pic. Just makes the Miranda look cool.

Hopefully I'll be decaling this weekend. I got some custom ones through federation models so I can do the registry numbers. And might put some next gen lifeboat pods on it.
Professor Theophilus
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Professor Theophilus »

I'm liking it... :thumbsup:
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

I'm admiring the beautiful, even paint on that, and it's such a tiny little thing! Looking forward to the decals. :)
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: 1/2500 dominion war Miranda (getting pic heavy)

Post by SingleMind »

She was painted in the traditional red of Vulcan ships dating back to before the founding of the Federation. Further setting her apart from other Starfleet vessels is the fact that she is one of the few ships captained by only one captain through out her first tenure.
In 2311 she underwent a standard refit updating all systems. Left port still under the command of N'vok with a more diverse crew. About half vulcans and half other species. She served another fifteen years as an explorer.
During her forty five plus years as an explorer the T'pel had a relatively uneventful career. She was a faithful explorer. Surveying nearly a thousand star systems and making first contact with twenty seven intelligent species. She also discovered forty three unique stellar phenomena. The most unique being a stable wormhole that has a star "fall" through it every seven hours twenty three minutes. One of the high points of her career was her trip back in time were she witnessed the begin of the Menthar-Promilliean War.

And now for the big reveal!!!

So here she is in her base color glory. Have a few touch ups to do where the liquid mask didn't get removed before painting. Then it's on to the decals.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

:rockbanana: :rockbanana:
I like it. I makes sense that some star fleet ships would have markings to represent other races.

Return to “Newbie Contest Entries”