Reconstituted Enterprise (by Burke) VOTE!

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
Burke
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Reconstituted Enterprise (by Burke) VOTE!

Post by Burke »

This is my first contest, and I shall be building, OOB, the Federation Models 1/2500 "Reconstituted Enterprise". This, of course, is the new Enterprise from the new JJ Abrams movies. I will also be using the PNT Reconstituted Detail Decals (hope that's okay, I think so). I'm hoping it'll turn out okay, I'm not a fan of wall paper decals as I will probably mess them up, but we'll see lol. I forgot to take a picture before I primed and painted the body but here's everything now, with all the packaging and all pieces. Still have plenty to do!

Last edited by Burke on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Re: 1/2500 Federation Models "Reconstituted Enterprise"

Post by Steam235 »

Nice kit. I've never seen this one before how long is it?
Burke
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Burke »

About 10% bigger than the 1/2500 refit E. I'm not home at the moment to measure...
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Mario, here are the pics of mine. I'm not done assembling it yet. The silver refit is the old AMT offer, the middle refit is the new PL offering:

RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Burke
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Burke »

Woo update time. Started decaling...nothing major but work in progress is work in progress ;) Decals go on okay but they seem slightly oversized, so ill have to be careful. I also messed up on a few so im going to have to redo them.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Oooh she looks really nice! Great work! What did you use for a base coat?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Burke
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Burke »

I primed with cheapo primer, then standard gloss white Krylon :? :lol: :D

I did the same thing with my refit E 1/2500 and she turned out, so I figured why not.....
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Hey, it doesn't matter as long as it works! :thumbsup:
djeckhart
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by djeckhart »

I really like the stark white. So many of the pearl jobs end up looking too yellow
Burke
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Burke »

Okay so shes done. Not my best job by any means. I have to admit I had a really hard time with this kit. First off I hate seams on resin models cause ive ended up filling and sanding away too much detail, so I didn't do any seams here and it really shows. Next up the decals, some aren't sized correctly. I completely ruined the saucer edge decals because my set was labeled backwards. I tried to print new ones but with the time constraints with school finals and all it just didn't work out. Anyway enough of the bad. Shes a pretty ship and a neat model. And most importantly I finished in time lol. That was more or less my goal in all of this.

Return to “Newbie Contest Entries”