1/1000 TOKYO Class Destroyer INCOMPLETE

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
JBOT

1/1000 TOKYO Class Destroyer INCOMPLETE

Post by JBOT »

This design appealed to me so much that I scratchbuilt the pylon and deflector array long ago, but never finished the ship. Now I have a reason to! Thank you.

Given the name of the class, I figure other ships in the series would be named after cites; I have already drawn the art and printed decals for USS OTTAWA, USS ATHENS, and USS JAKARTA. I have not decided which one I will do yet.
Tokyo 2.jpg
FatherRob
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Location: Bargersville, Indiana, USA, NA, Sol III, Terran System

Re: 1/1000 USS TOKYO Class Destroyer

Post by FatherRob »

Interesting looking ship. Any particular reason for the high NCC number, aside from Trek's well known inconsistencies in that regard?
JBOT

Post by JBOT »

I found this image online. I could find no other info. I have no idea why the numbers are so high. I checked online to see what lower NCC numbers might be available.

I decided to go with numbers in the 1970 to 1980 range, but I am not sure if those overlap with other ships. I will upload images of my decals and of the part I scratchbuilt soon.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

It's looking good JBOT! :)

I just wanted to let folks know that I made an exception for JBOT and allowed him to join after the deadline. He's also new to AST, so make him feel welcome!

The remaining 3 that signed up a while ago, but had yet to start their WIP, have now been removed from the contest.

Carry on. :innocent:
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder »

Welcome. Im looking forward to seeing your build.
Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Post by Kratok »

cannon fodder wrote:Im looking forward to seeing your build.
Seconded.
And Welcome Aboard.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

I like the concept! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

BTW . . . . it was great seeing you at WonderFest. Too bad we couldn't distract Modelnutz long enough to sneak out with that 1:350 Reliant. :lol:
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by jkb-1 »

*Wave decals to welcome JBOT!*

1970-1980s looks like a good open spot, NCC-1974 Constellation seems to be the claimant from production.
Ships of the Star Fleet has Coronado thru-deck carriers conveniently 1975-80. (Jackill's has Oriskany NCC-1976 refit to Movie tech.)
Star Fleet Battles uses the 1980 block for -I think- Dreadnoughts built into carriers.
bunnyast
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by bunnyast »

jkb-1 wrote:*Wave decals to welcome JBOT!*

1970-1980s looks like a good open spot, NCC-1974 Constellation seems to be the claimant from production.
Ships of the Star Fleet has Coronado thru-deck carriers conveniently 1975-80. (Jackill's has Oriskany NCC-1976 refit to Movie tech.)
Star Fleet Battles uses the 1980 block for -I think- Dreadnoughts built into carriers.
1970-1980s seems too high for this TOS era ship.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Registries are always a bit crazy. Maybe the 1800s and 1900s were reserved for another shipyard. Sol system ships had 1700s ships built at the shipyards could have different numbers.

Sometimes I think how crazy it would be for some one besides to understand our number systems. Elway was 7 ten years later e had Cutler at 6 and now we're all the way to 18?

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”