Have a question? Ask here :)

Theme: Anything goes! The build deadline for participants is October 1st. This contest is closed.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Have a question? Ask here :)

Postby Xen » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:54 pm

FatherRob wrote:Question... how much can change after we locked in?

As much I want participants to strictly adhere to the rules, sometimes you have to bend them a little. As long as your concept and parts don't transform into something wildly different, I don't have a problem in you altering course slightly.

The aim is to have fun, share your progress with others, hopefully providing inspiration for folks to try something new. You're clearly not having fun with it, so swap the saucer (or whatever it is you need to tweak) to make it look the part. ;)

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby zookman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 pm

yeh my conscept is still gonna be the same but with what parts i got and trying different mockups its just not working the way i want so keeping in the same scale and idea i may just do a total scratch for the main body and use the parts i wanted to use anyway added to it .. i always wanted to do the design i got in mind anyway just gotta figure the size in this scale lol

Digital-Impressions
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby Digital-Impressions » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Where in the rules does it say "ship details"?

Instead of calling my ship incomplete I say let the people decide.
Treat her like a lady and she will always take you home.

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Postby Steam235 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:36 pm

I'd say the decision is Xen's. I'd be in favor of allowing it. The bare hull would count against you for sure, but I could see it being called a finished model.

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby curt » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:14 pm

I could see saying the model was complete from a build stand point. However not from a " finishing" standpoint. By finishing I mean to say final paint and markings weather as the enterprise or otherwise. Displaying as you are there needs to be designation markins of some sort and there are not.

So while yes you are done building I still feel the model is incomplete.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Postby Xen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Digital-Impressions wrote:Where in the rules does it say "ship details"?

Instead of calling my ship incomplete I say let the people decide.

I was in a rush to mark each entry, so I probably didn't use the best choice of wording. That said, my decision stands.

When I contacted each participant to see if they would be happy with a one week deadline extension, you replied saying that regardless of deadlines you would submit the build "as is". I didn't comment at the time, as it could've been 99% complete, which would probably have been good enough. That wasn't the case though. There appears to be gaps in the side of the ship, no decaling or aztec paintwork, registries etc. The lighting wasn't finished either. A minimum of 4 finished pics was also required.

Return to “2014 AST "Make It So" Model and Miniature Contest (Closed)”