Wanted: AMT Defiant 1/420 Decals +Revell Voyager Sensors

Buy, Sell or Trade.
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Wanted: AMT Defiant 1/420 Decals +Revell Voyager Sensors

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hello!

I'm looking for genuine AMT and Round 2 decal sheets for 1400 scale Enterprise C, D and E.

I'm very interested on transporter ermitter pads, phaser end strips and escape pods, esp. for the 2010 clear Enterprise D and 2009 Enterprise E. From the Enterprise C kit I need 1x the Enterprise C shuttle bay decal and 2x Yamagushi shuttle bay decals.

So if You have something for me, please send me a PM. See also attachments :).
Michaael
Attachments
1701-E
1701-E
1701-E
1701-E
1701-D
1701-D
AMT955-06-Ent1701-D-decals.jpg (81.97 KiB) Viewed 2208 times
1701-D
1701-D
1701-D
1701-D
1701-C
1701-C
350_amt721decalsheet.jpg (29.15 KiB) Viewed 2208 times
Last edited by Dr_Corsa on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Wanted: AMT/ERTL/Round2 Decals in 1/1400 & 1/2500

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hi!

I'm still looking for decals! Esp escape pods and transpoter ermitter. Also the shuttle bay decals für Enterprise C and Yamagushi.

It's ok for me to get partially fractured decals. It's also ok to buy only few escape pads... I need aprox 20 escape pods for my clear Enterprise vorm 2010....

Please contact me, if You have something You don't need anymore!

Greeting,
Michael
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

I don't want to be pessimistic here but seems to me that it won't be too much easy to find spare original decals for these reasons:

1) Anyone that assembled the models already used the decals...
2) Decals age fast so even if you manage to find them probably they will be near to useless...
3) Salvages are hard because in mostly of kits "accidents" decals are among the first things to be destroyed

I believe that you would have more luck trying third party makers such as Federation Models.

Also, why don't you consider to laser print them yourself? Sure that scanned decals aren't as appealing as the originals (specially in very tiny written stuff because the dots) but they are not that bad and are still better than nothing. And you can always improve the quality of the decals if instead of print directly the scanned thing you use the scans only as reference to redraw the whole stuff in a vector software such as Corel or Illustrator. I made it in both ways already (scanned for my Enterprise E 1/2500 and redrawn for my Reliant 1/537) and I can tell you that either works pretty well specially if it will be put on a shelf and no one is going to examine it with a potent magnifying glass.

:)
Thanks,

Yan.
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x »

Hi Dr. Corsa,
I have to agree with NCC 1966. I've found that original decal sets, especially from AMT kits before Polar Lights/Round 2 took over, are very hit and miss. Sometimes unusable. Plus, the newer kits by Polar Lights are WAYYYY better.
One option is contacting Polar lIghts/Round 2 and requesting decal sets you need: You can send in a form here, and I think they charge about $6 per decal set, depending on the scale:
https://round2corp.com/wp-content/upload ... t-Form.pdf

Personally, I prefer Absolute Models ultimate grade decal kits for the Enterprise-D ($25) & Enterprise-E ($15) from Federationmodels.com. They are pricey, but I think they are worth it but your mileage and budget may vary.

That all said, I have a set of complete decals that look like this for the Enterprise-D 1:2500 (it is from the 3-piece Enterprise, Enterprise-A, Enterprise-D flight display with the clear disk stand, I used the Enterprise and Enterprise A, but not the Enterprise D), though it has some discoloration due to age. How brittle the decals are, is hard to say. They could fall apart. The Enterprise-A decals that I used did rip but luckily while on the model itself, so I was able to shove the pieces together.

I also have a set of Enterprise-E 1:2500 decals. Almost complete, minus the top saucer USS Enterprise & NCC-1701-E decals.

I also have a partial PNT models 1/2500 Sovereign class set #5011, probably only good for the lifeboats and some pinstriping.

I also have PNT Models #5031 Enterprise-D 1:2500 complete and unused, too.

I think between it all, you may be able to cobble a complete sets for 1:2500 Enterprise-D and E, though you will need to be creative with the Enterprise-E's "E" on the registry. I am positive I won't use them. LMK if you are interested, and I may be able to send to you, depending on where you are at. I'm in Phoenix, AZ.
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hi!

Thanks, guys! WellI know it's hard to find genuine decals from AMT/R2 as well.

About some aftermarket decals: JTG and Saturn models ware very awful: after coating with gloss clear color they become brittle. PNT are ok.

Recently I used some 30 yers old AMT decals and I hat absolutely no problem with that stuff. The difference is: self printed and aftermarcet decals re always on a tiny film but the genuine decals are covered with a special film. It looks like glue?..anywas..I'm genuine decal addicted :lol: :lol: :lol: . And I'm looking for transpoter pads, stripes, escape boots and phaser strips as well. I have enogh ship names..

Also recently I calculated how many decals I neet for all my "wish list" ships like all resin kit bashes from Wolf359...well I'm pretty shure I have nearly enough...maybe I'll open a new topic like: "Show Your Star Trek model kits decals collection" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@nova: I would take Your both genuine tree pieces Ent and Ent E decals from AMT. I'm in Germay, zip code 59067. You can send me an PN with all details. I can send the money via PayPal to You. I have PNT decals for the small E @ home...

BTW: 2 years ago I tried to buy some Ent E decals from R2: payed 20 $ and never seen that stuff..never sendet...they are strange @R2 and can't understand that they can make big money with decals too...I would kill for the special japansese 2007 Platz/AMT Ent-E decal sheet :pullinghair: Sometimes You can find some AMT ST decals at ebay in Europe: all old stuff and very expensive and the people pay up to 10-20 € only for decals, where you can get a whole kit for 40 €... So @ all US members here: buy some additional genuine decals directly from R2 and sell it to Europe to freaks like me :lol: Esp. 1400 scale Ent C, D and E are very useful.

Greeting,
Michael
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x »

Dr Corsa, I don't need any cash, and I don't have paypal set up to receive payments, anyway. I don't imagine it costing much to send. PM me the address you want me to send to you. Will try to get it mailed Monday
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

I have most of the decals scanned - if you have your own decal paper I can post the files for you
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

MEATLOAFr wrote:I have most of the decals scanned - if you have your own decal paper I can post the files for you
I have also that BIG and cool sheet from the new Cadet series and would be glad to contribute but seems that he is not interested on custom printed decals...

:|
Thanks,

Yan.
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hi!

Well, yes, actually I'm only interested on genuine decals. Actually I have no kits on my workbench, no time for this beautiful hobby :( :( . And also I have no printer right now. But I'm looking for a good prise for an Dell C1760nw laserprinter. Maybe I'll ask You later for your decal scans :D . Don't worry, it's not my last day here and with this hobby. My master plan is to build many many ST ships in my pension :lol: :lol: :lol: . Just imagine how many beautiful new ships we will see in the next 30-40 years :shock: .

Greeting,
Michael
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Dr_Corsa wrote:Hi!

Well, yes, actually I'm only interested on genuine decals. Actually I have no kits on my workbench, no time for this beautiful hobby :( :( . And also I have no printer right now. But I'm looking for a good prise for an Dell C1760nw laserprinter. Maybe I'll ask You later for your decal scans :D . Don't worry, it's not my last day here and with this hobby. My master plan is to build many many ST ships in my pension :lol: :lol: :lol: . Just imagine how many beautiful new ships we will see in the next 30-40 years :shock: .

Greeting,
Michael
I don't have a color laser printer either but it's not hard to find a print shop next corner that will print you an A4 decal sheet for as little as $1. Also, keep in mind that even original decal sheets aren't reliable as you seem to believe (the "special film" mention). I am an old timer and yeah, perhaps 30 years old ago it could be a truth. But now... just await until you build one of those R2 new model and the decals start to literally disintegrate in your hands!

:cry:

I can tell you that all my latest printed decals with good three or four layers of clear from a rattle can resisted a thousand percent more to the water & slide process than any of the R2 originals I had the chance to work with...

:?
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “Classifieds”