Federation Albion Class Missile Cruiser WITHDRAWN

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Federation Albion Class Missile Cruiser WITHDRAWN

Post by Lonewolf »

These are the pieces parts that will be bashed into an experimental design called the Albion Class.

The parts are:

Cheyenne Class Primary Hull
Cheyenne Class Warp Pylons
Ambassador Class Warp Nacelles
A pencil set thingie that I picked up somewhere along the line. Been thinking about what to do with it for a while.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Federation Albion Class Missile Cruiser

Post by Lonewolf »

Here's an update on the construction of the USS Albion.

These photos were taken at the first stage of construction, before I'd fleshed out the final design for the lower weapons pod.

And here are photos as she is now, with the Ambassador Class warp nacelles in position. I lost track of time last night and ended up staying up to almost midnight, listening to music and just having some fun at the workbench.

My next step is priming to check for any unseen problems with voids, then more cleanup before the base paint coat gets airbrushed on.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Fascinating.

Perhaps even shooting off some Trilithium Torpedoes?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Like the concept A LOT, Rich! And the use of the pencil thingie (that's a technical term, right?) was inspired.

From the moment one sees every plastic bit as a potential greeble or accessory, there never really is a full recovery, huh?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
TrekMD
Head of Starfleet Medical
Head of Starfleet Medical

Post by TrekMD »

Pretty cool!
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

I'm sorry to announce that I'm going to have to bow out of the contest. I haven't logged a single hour at my workbench in over a week, and there's no way I can complete the USS Albion in time.

Between work last week, Vacation Bible School at my church (Sunday through Thursday night until 8:00 p.m.), and working all day Saturday for my inlaws' auction business, I haven't had time to get past the primer stage. Add in that we've got a full day of family events this coming Saturday, our Pastor's Picnic on Sunday, and we leave on vacation for a week on Monday morning . . . I'm outta time.

I could probably do a "slap together" job and just get it done, but it wouldn't look the way I want it to.

Thanks for your comments! I will post photos later on of the completed model.

Return to “TBG Contest Entries”