RV Park on the Planet of Galactic Peace - DONE!

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

RV Park on the Planet of Galactic Peace - DONE!

Post by jkb-1 »

It started with a piece of packing plastic that looked a bit like it could be a Klingon shuttle, and was about the size of the Johnny Lightning toy. I sprayed some primer on the inside to show the shape. (Dang! If I was thinking, I'da used black, for if I give it windows! Well, I call them internal shutters.)

Then I searched my junk drawers, and found this around a battery charger.
I think it could go Romulan, or maybe I'm influenced by the battery holders on the side. I realize I'd have to improve those "nacelles," or call it a piece of RPG scenery... and I don't RPG. This contest is my motivation to get to work on it. I'm thinking I may even have to pack clay in there to get a solid shuttle shape I can carve into something more to my liking.

When I have three shuttles, I can make a little diorama of the days after the Khitomer Accords; Starfleet wasn't mothballed as some feared, but enough excess shuttles were sold off that fleet retirees could continue their star trek, and, when they meet, swap stories about the "bad old days."

Here's my start: I traced a 1/1600 D-7 nacelle, and lengthened it.
I'll use that pattern to cut a bunch of plastic card, and stack them for the engines.
Last edited by jkb-1 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cullenszoo
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: RV Park on the Planet of Galactic Peace

Post by Cullenszoo »

Cool concept you got there! can't wait to see more.
Building hand painted dust collectors since 1977
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

This should be most interesting.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
DouglasGlenn
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by DouglasGlenn »

Love the idea. Can't wait to see the execution.
jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by jkb-1 »

Yeah, I suck at deadlines, but if I hadn't had one, these would still be in the parts pile.

Trying to figure out Google's new "share". Hopefully you can reach them here.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10523730 ... vfL8paa-eQ

Lemme get this post in. I'll explain in a bit, and later do the progress reports I meant to.

Return to “TBG Contest Entries”