1/72 movie era runabout INCOMPLETE

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: 1/72 movie era runabout

Post by el gato »

Looking good! Man this thing's going to look sweet.

On the cockpit, you could go the cheap route and just raise the floor. Plenty of sci fi transport vehicles have the pilots sitting one or two steps above the passengers
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

i dropped the floor so there is head room to stand behind the seats but ill probly add a bit to floor as a step just in front of the IP so the crews feet dont dangle off the seat lol ... thats a minor addition wether or not the IP lights up depends on if i can get the el sheet to fit right .. then make a overlay for it to show controls lol might just rob some extra old aircraft IP decals and cut them to shape .. probly wont see much once "glass" is in anyway which by the way is gonna be fun to shape and get to stay lol
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Huh, sorry I misread. I thought you only dropped the floor in the back area. You could make your life a lot harder by shaping the canopy so that you can stand between the seats on a level floor. Think the Raptor's canopy on nuBSG :P
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

ohh the canopy has a new shape in the nose .. just no pics of it yet .... working on the roof section now so it will blend in with windshield and taper to rear roof area but also include enough room( barely ) for an led so pit can be lit ....should have that worked out today with the possibilty of having the ribcage installed with lits wired and ready to go for interior paint but will see if anything unexpected takes me away from bench like it does everytime i wanna spend the day at it lol
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

ahhhhhhhhhhh gonna snap on someone ... either that or go hide till i can get some of bench queens done lol ....got all set to work at bench today and a freind comes over wondering if i could fix mower ... i said sure ill take a look ... wheel came off he said ... sure enough wheel did come off along with part of deck the wheel bolts to so thats shot ... ok just switch motor to another old deck i got here ... wasnt too bad once motor bolts got freed ... bolt motor onto deck ... well murphy strikes back ... motor shaft an inch too .. long blades 2 inches 2 wide ... so out come the washers as spacers and longer bolts and cut off wheel for blades ... get everything to fit after about 4 hours of messing with it and it turns out it also runs like crap ... switched carbs and that didnt work since old carb off other motor is probly gummed up from sitting .. so back on original goes and i say well it will have to do for now .....
so bench time is again going to be limited for today ... ...

hey xen any chance of a deadline extention ... wink .... wink ;) ;).... lol lol :lol: :lol: ... had to ask :D :D :D

should be able to finish ( i hope ) as long as something else dont come up ... not realy alot of exterior modifications to do other than engine pylons and opened access panel for impulse drive .. rest if body filler and lots of sanding and such ..if i dont get her finished painted maybe it will be a work in progress on a prototype being given final tunups befor a trial run with no actual finish paint and or marking ... just a primer coat ... we will see
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Well, I for one, have no problem with deadline extensions for those who make a good case for such.

Such as Zookman's willingness to help out a friend instead of working on his model.

My two cents.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

o anoter ahrd step done ... got interior lights wired up and in place ... pit dash dosnt show up as i wished but i think i can snake some small fiber optics in it and a small light box for those in the nose just to add some detail to it .... onto lite test pics

the interior lites up like i wanted and at only 3 volts ... hoping to get rest of interior painted today .. have to mask the light panels off and spray it since brudshing the bigger sections with acrylic didnt work out so well on pit walls and they need touchups .. lol small work needs to be done on lower interior walls but nothing major .. then its oto the exterior wish has had some work done ..luckily not alot needs to be dne other tha engine pylons an rear section .. and winows lol
djeckhart
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by djeckhart »

I think you've nailed the lighting level in there. Looks great.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

not sure where my last post went to from earlier lol .... ok got interior almost done just have to add seats but will hold off untill i got top and bottom together and window frames smoothed out and ready for windows to be added .... then ill add the seats then windows to seal it up for final paint ...

rib cage installed

nice and shiny sink and crapper lol

cockpit dash ... dont mind the fiber optic bumbs wont see much once window are in i think and they might just pass as buttons anyway lol

and a dash light test

if i can stay at bench for more than a couple ours tomorow and next couple days i might just pull this off and get it done lol ... we will see now that the hardest part is basicaly finished
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

this is gonna be close lol working on engine pylons now and got most parts for impulse engine area laid out and ready to paint befor intallation and got most major trimming and shapeing done ... once pylons are in place and most final details done its off to body shop for a couple light coats of filler and sanding then hopefully off to paint booth ... she might remain unnamed for now till i can get some decals made for it which i havnt had time to even draw up yet lol so shes a prototype getting ready for trail runs lol ... also the base and figures wont be painted as theywere not part of the contest kit but are added for scale and stuff

Return to “TBG Contest Entries”