Important Announcement From Your Sponsor

Theme: Anything goes! Discuss our inaugural contest here! If you wish to take part in this contest please read the rules and FAQ first. This contest is closed.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Important Announcement From Your Sponsor

Post by Del »

As the fearless sponsor for this inaugural competition, I feel compelled to discuss the forthcoming kits that the prizes may be used for. I am specializing not only in Star Trek products, but a wide variety of Science Fiction topics. You are free to choose from anything that will be available between now and December.

Listed first, are the kits that will in fact be released by the end of June. To get a jump-start on the casting, I've enlisted the help of Ravenstar Studios to assist with some of the molding and casting of the SW kits which you should start to see available by the end of this month. Other kits that are planned for later release are listed at the bottom.

Star Trek
1/2500 - Fon Tu'Dor
1/2500 - Fon Tu'Dor - Refit
1/2500 - Cyclone
1/2500 - Cyclone - Refit
1/2500 - Soyuz Conversion
1/1400 - Soyuz Conversion
1/1400 - Saratoga Conversion
1/2500 - Yeager
1/2500 - Elkins
1/2500 - Intrebula

Star Wars
1/72 - Twin Bombardier (T.I.E. Bomber)
1/72 - Phantom Fighter (T.I.E. Phantom)
1/72 - Alpha Fighter (A.-Wing)
1/72 - Bravo Fighter (B.-Wing)
1/72 - Echo Fighter (E.-Wing)
1/72 - Victor Fighter (V.-Wing)
1/72 - One-Niner Fighter (V.-19 Torrent)
1/72 - Tango One-Six (T.-16 Skyhopper)
1/72 - Chicken Walker (A.T.-S.T.)
1/144 - Desert Creeper (Sand Crawler)

Miscellaneous
1/1000 - Dark Star
1/1400 - Dark Star
1/2500 - Dark Star

Released after June
1/2500 - Relativity
1/72 - Patrol Walker (A.T.-P.T.)
1/72 - Aggressive Fighter (T.I.E. Aggressor)
1/72 - Galaxy Quest Shuttle
1/144 - Galaxy Quest Shuttle
1/72 - "V" Fighter
1/144 - "V" Fighter
1/72 - "V" Shuttle (Short)
1/144 - "V" Shuttle (Short)
1/72 - "V" Shuttle (Long)
1/144 - "V" Shuttle (Long)
1/72 - "V" Tanker
1/144 - "V" Tanker

There's more stuff coming, but I think that's enough to get you guys motivated to join the competition and see who's got the coolest build! ;)
Last edited by Del on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Important Announcement From Your Sponsor.

Post by Moongrim »

Dark Star?!!!
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

Moongrim wrote:Dark Star?!!!
From the 1974 John Carpenter movie, Dark Star. It's one of those cult films that you either find funny or stupid, there's not really an in between. It helps if you're old like me because the production value is very '70s, but I can accept that. Still, the ship itself is a Sci-Fi icon of sorts. 1/1000 will be slightly larger than 2 inches, while the 1/2500 will be slightly smaller than one inch, and 1/1400 will be somewhere in between. It's for those folks who like to have ships from various movies in the same scale for comparision on the shelf.

Most folks should know who John Carpenter is, but the annoying guy who plays Pinback, is Dan O'Bannon. This is the same guy who wrote another familiar story - Alien.
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I was saying "Dark Star!" in delight. :lol: The thought of a crew of misfits gallivanting around the galaxy blowing up planets to keep stars from going supernova....

The sight of a barely-held-together-mentally-ship captain trying to outwit a suicidal planet killer bomb by using phenomenology...is one storyline that sticks in my mind...

So if not in a prize, would such be available for purchase later on?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

ooh I like A wings
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

Moongrim wrote:I was saying "Dark Star!" in delight. :lol: ...<snip>...So if not in a prize, would such be available for purchase later on?
The prizes can be used to purchase any of them, but they will also be listed on the website for sale. Both Cyclones are cast, and Monday I will dedicate to creating decals for both of them. Dark Star..., ready sometime in May. ;)
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Important Announcement From Your Sponsor

Post by el gato »

V shuttle and V fighter in 1/72??

:shock:

:o

<<faints>>
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

Folks, as Delta Quadrant has told me over and over, never post a schedule for upcoming kits. Some great opportunities fell in my lap that I couldn't pass up, so the list I initially posted is already inaccurate. And a few of those kits are now on the morket from other kit makers.

However, not to worry. Most of the list will start popping up over the summer, as well as some of those other opportunities I mentioned that will be coming later. Basically, there will still be a bunch of kits for the winners to choose from, and some that might even be more interesting than what's on the list.

Also, there is some confusion from an announcement at Modeler Magic that I feel I need to clear up. Ravenstar Studios is NOT involved with this contest. I have hired him to assist me with some aspects of production, but he is not sponsoring this contest.

While I am not a judge for this event, I am seeing a lot of creative talent put into the entries so far. Remember to model safely by wearing masks when appropriate, and keep the Band-Aids handy (or is it just me who needs a surgical trauma team standing by). :shock:
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

[quote="Del" (or is it just me who needs a surgical trauma team standing by). :shock:[/quote]

A model isn't complete until you've made the requisite 'blood sacrifice'.
- J.L.Picard.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

Good luck to the final nine contestants! If you're reading this and haven't voted yet, please do so.

Here's a recap on the awards. These apply only to Multi-Verse Models kits, and NOT the items listed on the Garage Sale page. The awards include free shipping anywhere in the world.

1st Place - $80 toward the purchase of MVM kits
2nd Place - $50 toward the purchase of MVM kits
3rd Place - $20 toward the purchase of MVM kits

I only have 4 kits currently available. However, if you look at the Coming Soon page, you'll see everything that I currently own and will be producing. The awards are valid until the end of the year, so if you don't see something now that strikes your fancy, you can wait. Kits currently in rubber that will be cast over the next 2 weeks and available by the end of the month - Soyuz Conversion 1/2500, Soyuz Conversion 1/1400, and Cardassian Ral'Nassa 1/2500.

Kits available shortly after that will include some of the Star Wars kits, Bonaventure 1/1400, and Phobos 1/1000. If you're a winner and you see something that's on the Coming Soon page that you would like, let me know and I'll see if I can move it up in the production schedule so that you can receive it.

To redeem your award, DO NOT order from the website. Please PM or e-mail me and I will take care of you. It's been a pleasure being your sponsor. Again, good luck! ;)

--Del

Return to “2013 AST "To Boldly Go" Model and Miniature Contest (Closed)”