Early entries posted or not?

Theme: Anything goes! Discuss our inaugural contest here! If you wish to take part in this contest please read the rules and FAQ first. This contest is closed.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Early entries posted or not?

Post by Xen »

I've received a few early entries (just the basics to start a WIP thread, as stated in the rules), which surprised me. My question to those that have sent in your entries (and for those of you that may be about to do so), is do you want to wait until the official entry deadline, or have them posted early, so you can publicly start working on your build?

To make it clear, no advantage is gained from submitting your entry ahead of time. We'll be monitoring the progress of each WIP thread and judging will commence In July.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Early entries posted or not?

Post by Moongrim »

I dunno about everyone else, but go ahead and post mine. I've done a couple items already. But between the workload at work (which has increased) which leaves me dog tired in the evening, and the missus bogarting my hobby station (she's working on a Type 39/40 Tardis) I don't have much free time right now.
Last edited by Moongrim on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Would there be any advantage to people getting to see what others are doing before they choose what to do?

I don't really think so. I mean if some one see's a lot of shuttles they might choose to do something else but I don't think it would give them any kind of advantage.

Would seeing the other builds, before deciding whether to participate, discourage anyone?

Once again unless some one posts something incredibly mind blowingly ambitious I don't think it will make any one feel discouraged.

Those would be the two questions to ask. I personally don't mind if you post my WIP
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Thanks guys. I'll leave this for now until I get more feedback. I don't want folks to feel like I keep moving the goalposts.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

I think we're too excited not to let other people see! I'm okay with mine. It may help inspire people to step up their game a little.

On the other hand, posting early my let some people come up with super kick butt ideas that'll blow early posters out of the space lanes.

Meh- I've wanted to build mine for some time now and the contest just game me the encouragement I needed to get going.

How many entrants do we have so far?
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

We don't really have enough to get started yet. I see the pros and cons of letting people start early. I think as long as everyone is made aware that no advantage is gained from starting a public WIP early (and the ones that want to are okay with it) we should be fine. I'll contact each member and ask what they want to do. I will also change the rules to reflect this.
malleman
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by malleman »

I am okay with posting mine early. I am like patrickivan and very excited about mine and would not mind sharing. This is my first model since the late 80s!

Return to “2013 AST "To Boldly Go" Model and Miniature Contest (Closed)”