Any questions?

Theme: Anything goes! Discuss our inaugural contest here! If you wish to take part in this contest please read the rules and FAQ first. This contest is closed.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Any questions?

Postby Xen » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:29 am

I've added a FAQ to the Contest forum. If you have any additional questions about our inaugural contest, please either post them in this section or e-mail contest@allscaletrek.com.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: Any questions?

Postby Moongrim » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Here's are some questions:

When it comes to building something- is it something we have to build, after right now?

Or can it be something we've built already? But never posted.

Standard model? Or perhaps kitbashing/scratchbuilds?

Using aftermarket supplies like say...Modular Models allowed?

Thanks.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Postby Xen » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Q: When it comes to building something is it something we have to build, after right now?
A: No. You have one month of preparation time until the entry deadline (April 30th). Please note that does not mean you have to finish your entry by this date. You just need to e-mail AST with your contest details.

Q: Or can it be something we've built already? But never posted.
A: We will only accept new builds. The reason for this is to generate additional interest and hype by seeing each participant post updates of their work. Staring from scratch, right the way through to the finished article.

Q: Standard model? Or perhaps kitbashing/scratchbuilds?
A: All are allowed. Standard builds, kitbashes, scratchbuilds or a combination.

Q: Using aftermarket supplies like say Modular Models allowed?
A: You are allowed to use whatever materials and parts you like.

I have amended the rules (marked in red). I want this to be easy for folks to understand and a very enjoyable experience. If you have any further questions please post them here.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby zookman » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:29 am

ok so im gonna ask just so i know ive got this right ...

we can start construction now as long as we have entry in by the entry deadline end of april and we have till end of june to finish it

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Postby Xen » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:49 am

zookman wrote:ok so im gonna ask just so i know ive got this right ...

we can start construction now as long as we have entry in by the entry deadline end of april and we have till end of june to finish it

Yes indeed. :) Just remember this is a WIP style contest. So you will need to take pics of the beginning, middle and end of your build.

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Re: TBG Roll Call (are you interested?)

Postby Steam235 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:22 am

What if I have two of three major components and no idea yet about the third can I email pics of what I have to start out and figure out the missing peice along the way?

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: TBG Roll Call (are you interested?)

Postby Xen » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:42 am

That's a great question Steam! (I will add it to the FAQ). Yes! That is perfectly acceptable, as long as the idea remains the same. In other words, we can't have your Federation station transform into a Dominion troop transport during the build.

Ender
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:34 pm

I am considering entering this contest. I have 2 questions:

1) There are no pictures of the ship I want to make, however, it is a mashup of several drawings on the web. Therefore, until the ship is complete, I'll have no ideal what it will look like. Is this allowed?

2) After the contest is over, I would like to post the WIP process on my blog as well. Is that allowed?

TIA for these questions.
Starship Adversaries - If we didn't have any enemies, the Universe would be a pretty boring place.

http://starshipadversaries.blogspot.com

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Postby Xen » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:05 pm

Q: There are no pictures of the ship I want to make, however, it is a mashup of several drawings on the web. Therefore, until the ship is complete, I'll have no ideal what it will look like. Is this allowed?

Yes. However, we still need a pic of the parts/materials you'll be using (you don't have to have everything in the first pic). In your case, you could also include some of the drawings you mentioned, along with a basic description. Anything that helps build a mental image would be good.

The original concept must remain unchanged though. If you submit a "Gorn Battle cruiser" in "X" scale, that's what you'll need to stick to.

Q: After the contest is over, I would like to post the WIP process on my blog as well. Is that allowed?

Yes, absolutely! Provided (as you already stated) the contest has officially ended.

Cullenszoo
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby Cullenszoo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 am

I am wanting to finish my kit and post a pic for the Hobbytown Facebook contest. Is this fine since there is no WIP pics involved?
Building hand painted dust collectors since 1977

Return to “2013 AST "To Boldly Go" Model and Miniature Contest (Closed)”