Xen is taking a break

General discussion for future official AST contests and unofficial (fan run) group builds.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Xen is taking a break

Postby Xen » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:57 am

I'm going to (try to) take a break from admin duties over the summer. AST won't be launching another "official" contest until around late fall/winter. However, that doesn't stop you from fleshing out ideas. I'm also open to the idea of "someone" running something just for "fun" in the meantime. No prizes or rules as such. I'm not sure what that could be (or how it would work), but that's for you to work out. ;)

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Xen is taking a break

Postby Julien » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:47 am

What about a simple group build on a theme just for fun?

Something like "adversary" in the 1/2500 scale... So everyone can do pretty much what they want but we have a common theme and the same scale...

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby zookman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:15 pm

would that include pirate ships lol ... or maybe any ship other than starfleet ... would be alien races ,civilian ships ect just no starfleet ships or even starfleet surplus ..

or i was thinking maybe just for fun take say an old enterprise kit TOS or refit ( new or one in need of repair ) and see who can do the wildest paint job ... no other frills needed like gap filling , lights or anything .. just build it out of box and let the paint flow

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:23 pm

zookman wrote:would that include pirate ships lol ... or maybe any ship other than starfleet ... would be alien races ,civilian ships ect just no starfleet ships or even starfleet surplus ..

or i was thinking maybe just for fun take say an old enterprise kit TOS or refit ( new or one in need of repair ) and see who can do the wildest paint job ... no other frills needed like gap filling , lights or anything .. just build it out of box and let the paint flow

Funny, I've been thinking something along this line for some time...
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Postby Steam235 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:17 pm

I think this would be fun.

I'd say a group build of one of the 1/1000 enterprise would be a blast.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:49 am

Sounds like a challenge. :D
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:50 pm

I've had several alternate paint schemes for the E. Unfortunately, I've got other projects that I need to finish in the scarce summer hours where I can work on the hobby, so I will not participate. But I'd love to see what your guys come up with. :D
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “General Contest Discussion”