Contests for 2015

General discussion for future official AST contests and unofficial (fan run) group builds.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: Contests for 2015

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Graveyards.... destroyed ships, decommissioned etc...
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
Silverloc
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Silverloc »

ooooh...I like that idea too
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

MEATLOAFr wrote:Graveyards.... destroyed ships, decommissioned etc...

Oh! Oh! I know, one word;

Crashed!

It could be two ships crashing together a-la the Enterprise-E and the Scimitar or the Enterprise-D and the Boseman(sp?). Or it could be like the Ent-D saucer on the planet surface, or Voyager into the glacier!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Crashed or Damaged sounds like fun and it allows for a lot of possibilities so hopefully lots of entries.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

That's a pretty good idea too! 8-) No limit on what the possibilities might be. And folks can stretch their skills if they haven't made damaged detailing yet.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Might that also include ships that were punched into submission (think the Enterprise and the Reliant at the Mutara Nebula, the Constellation after meeting up with the Planet Killer or the Enterprise C at Narendra III)?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

I'd possibly like to host a contest. If so, I'd like to focus it towards my interests (exclusively "sacred scale", allow other subjects in addition to Star Trek, etc.). I'd also like to create winners for various categories as well as overall winner. If possible, would also like to promote lots of entries & see most/all finished and try to avoid any bad blood.
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

i like the junkyard/crashed/damaged idea . would give good use to those damaged kit we all have and or extra kits that dont have all the parts due to scavenging for kitbashes .. like others said .. the possibilities are endless ..
Silverloc
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Silverloc »

slawton wrote:I'd possibly like to host a contest. If so, I'd like to focus it towards my interests (exclusively "sacred scale", allow other subjects in addition to Star Trek, etc.). I'd also like to create winners for various categories as well as overall winner. If possible, would also like to promote lots of entries & see most/all finished and try to avoid any bad blood.
That would be cool, would you want to do it here or through your own website? If here, I imagine if you talk to Xen and proposed it would be probably considered...now hopefully I'm talking out turn by saying that.
The Eye of Error
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by The Eye of Error »

I really like both the Shuttles and Auxiliary Craft and Damaged and Destroyed contest ideas.

There are many options for both and I think both contests should be run at different times. One now and another one maybe towards the end of the year?

Return to “General Contest Discussion”