saucer-mounted deflectors

Scratchbuilding, kitbashing, reposing and other modifications.
MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Re: saucer-mounted deflectors

Postby MEATLOAFr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:07 am

Moongrim wrote:
That.

Is just too cool! :shock: 8-)

agreed, it looks great
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

The Eye of Error
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby The Eye of Error » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Just to add a little fuel to the fire here....

Klingon Deflectors
Most klingon ships have areas that could be deflectors in the designs. D7's, Vorcha's, Ktinga, etc all have a ribbed area in the front of either wing mount. Those could be forward facing deflectors. Also on the BOP, there could be deflectors mounted in the front chin guard plating area.

Romulan Deflectors
Romulan ships do not use matter/antimatter reactions in their warp engines. Therefor the glowing things in the front of the warp nacelles on all Romulan ships are not Bussard collectors like Fed Ships. So I say they are deflectors.

Cardassian Deflectors.
There are all sorts of unexplained panels and glowing things on Galor / Keldon ships. One of them has got to be a deflector.

Borg Deflectors
They have none. Stuff just crashes into the ships and they regenerate. Or they travel backwards in time a few moments before impact and swerve to the left a bit.

Ferengi Deflectors
Never work right anyway cause they are always bottom dollar deals. So they just travel at low warp to save money on fuel and not damage their ships.

Jem Hadar Deflectors
Who cares, they are just clones with a short life span anyway. More Ketracel white for everyone else!

Constellation Class
I've seen retconned Constellations where the massive front cargo bay is a deflector. I choose to believe this.

Miranda Class,
I choose to believe the weird nub things on the top rear of the saucer are deflectors.

Also, If I recall correctly from the TNG Tech Manual, deflectors are passive shields that keep out space debris but let fine particles like hydrogen through for the bustards, but ultimately are not dissimilar from regular shields. I would assume that if a ship just flew at Warp with low level regular shields that this would accomplish the same goal? Maybe?

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:57 pm

The Eye of Error wrote:Borg Deflectors
They have none. Stuff just crashes into the ships and they regenerate. Or they travel backwards in time a few moments before impact and swerve to the left a bit.

Jem Hadar Deflectors
Who cares, they are just clones with a short life span anyway. More Ketracel white for everyone else!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “Customizing”