Enterprise Refit 1:537 Question

Tools and techniques used for preparation and assembly.
bmanctree
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Enterprise Refit 1:537 Question

Post by bmanctree »

Hey guys,

I'm working on my 2nd Enterprise the undiscovered country model and had issues with the warp nacelle support pylons and breaking. I glued them and made sure they would set properly and left for 24 hours. Came back and one side drooped heavily. I decided that it was an acceptable droop and put the warp nacelle on and left for 24 hours. Came back and the pylon broke off. Looks like those little triangle looking connections that are supposed to be used for support are extremely flimsy. Could someone give me advice on how to make them more efficient or how to avoid the supports breaking this time? Don't really want to waste another 50 on the same model because of the old issue coming back up again lol

Peace and long life,
Bman
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: Enterprise Refit 1:537 Question

Post by MEATLOAFr »

best bet is to get something to reinforce the pylons - see if you can split the pylons or drill some holes

use some metal rods and epoxy them to the inside of the hull at the proper angles - then to the pylons
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Enterprise Refit 1:537 Question

Post by el gato »

I've seen some people use sheets of brass to reinforce the pylons. They're thin enough to fit within the two halves, light enough cause other structural problems but sturdy enough to provide the necessary support
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “Construction”