Greeting from Germany

New to the forum? Tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here.
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Greeting from Germany

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hello everyone!

So my name is Michael, I'm 32 years old, married and a father of a very young dauther (4,5 m). I'm chemist from Germany (near Dortmund) and a big ST fan since ~1997 (2nd season of Voy in germann TV). On my forum name You can see my another big hobby: I love my Corsa and now Signum too :D. Last but not least like most germans I'm a football/soccer fan too: don't kill me: FC Bayern rocks 8-) . And well Rock and Metal music on Vinyl or CD rules!

So now abot modelling: I started 1999 with big Revell Voyager kits and ~2000 ther were some AMT kits again available in Toy shops here so I startet with all Ent kits. But on the way it was not so cool to have some different ship sizes. So I restricted the modelling only on 1/1400 scale ships. I like this size: the kits are not too small (ok I know the runabouts are so cute tiny) and not too big. Imagine a 1701-E in 1/537 scale :shock: I habe no space for that monster in my flat :? . But aprox 50 cm is awesome!

Now it's time to say, whhich ships I have. What was build now and to talk about my future wishes.

DS9 Station, and all 6 Ent in 2500 scale are ready (all AMT). But well I don't really like this ships. To small and not even perfect building job of me :oops: :cry: . Also I have the 3 pieces kit with Ferengi, Romulan and BoP. The same story. Also I habe a big Generations BoP. That is really nice :). And all 4 Vinyls classic crew members are ready. A classic series Ent, romuland and klingon ship in 1600 scale. And the 4 Revell big ships from Voyager. But because that were my first ships they are not really smart. Also a Galor class ship from AMT is done as well.

Still half ready is te lighting kit with Ent and 2 Romulan ships from AMT and a sealed Bridge.

And now the sun site of my kits all in 1400 scale: Revell 3 pieces Intrepid class Voyager and Bellerophon, AMT Ent C, D and E whith Nemesis weapons. then the Exuinox: it was my first resin ship and I like it so much! I love this design!!!! Like a small Ent-E :). The Akira Class also with nemesis aditional phaser banks and an NX number :D. From ASK models I have a very nice Norway Budapest. From Macro Trek I have a tiny Obert class USS Vico. Also from Warp models the Nebula Bellerohon. From Spaceboy I have 2 Defiant ships with NX and Ncc-A registry :).

What I have to do: two sister ships of Ent-C must be wiried and glied together. I also have a Constellation class for rebuild here. Then the AGT add on kit for the Ent D and maybe You know the blue moon kit company. They did once the Nemesis space dock in resin. I have this kit and as a gues ship I'll make the USS Sovereign. I started both kits one year ago but aktually no time for that. A USS Buran Challenger class (?) waits too and additionally for future projects I have 2 still sealed 2010 R2 EntD and one old EntD kits here. Maybe for all Nebula variants?

Aktually I'm working on R2 Ent D in clear. I'll make this ship without painting and lighhting, but with decals like name, number and escape pods but no aztec. It's a "glass" ship :D :D :D.

Future dreams are really easy: to get each canon ship class in 1400 incl Wolf 359 ships :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Well I know..but all resin kits from Starkrafts and all Nebula variants are possible 8-) .

Upcoming I will create some treads with my ships with pics of them here.

Greeting,
Michael, sorry for my english guys :)
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Greeting from Germany

Post by Scotchyn »

Hi and welcome!! look forward to seeing your work........and dont worry about your English, we dont speak it very well either! ;)
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Welcome Aboard Dr Corsa! I look forward to seeing what you've created, and will continue to create.

I'm not sure if this German outfit is still functional: https://www.starship-models.com/
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Welcome aboard!

:)
Thanks,

Yan.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Another fresh face! Welcome!
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hi!

Thank You guys! I have a question: why all post here should be checked by admins first? Antispam protection?

Borg: jea well: nice tech!

Traumschiff: :D that was a funniy stuff and it fells like 1000 years ago...

Michael
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Fremde, etranger, stranger. Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante, Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay. Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome Im Cabaret, au Cabaret to Cabaret!

Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, welcome to AST!
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
No Good modeler
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by No Good modeler »

Hello, hello!
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Dr_Corsa wrote:Hi!

Thank You guys! I have a question: why all post here should be checked by admins first? Antispam protection?
That's it exactly. And Bots.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “Introductions”