Hello builders

New to the forum? Tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here.
miomama
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Hello builders

Postby miomama » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm rather an allround hobby model kit builder not restricted to Star Trek. Well, it's been a long while since I build something from ST, though. In part because I designed all the plans myself (not necessary a fandom ship design).
That aside 2D & 3D is also part of my hobby portfolio.
And yeah, I also write TMs and handbooks on the side. 3 TMs & 2 handbooks have been completed. However, I don't work regularly on them so things can take years for some. Still "working" on 2 TMs & 1 handbook. But usually I have a more or less complete draft. It's just researching, checking correctness, quality control, fleshing out the text & pictures that takes forever (since lots is needed). Well, I admit I'm not really so eager doing graphics. :P

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Hello builders

Postby DefiantClient » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:23 am

Welcome! Hope you can get some more Trek kits under your belt. What have you built and what other types of subjects do you prefer? I usually build and paint wargaming miniatures (warhammer 40k, Firestorm Armada, etc.) and have built a Star Wars kit or two, aside from what I post here.

Very cool that you are into making Tech Manuals. I collect the crap out of Trek tech manuals. Do you have a website with some examples?

miomama
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby miomama » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Thank you.
Well, now-a-days it's time that's the problem with my projects in general. So things got pretty slow.
I've build aero/astronautic stuff, some ships, castles, wood stuff... Many of which I designed and build myself. I did these practically since ever I could draw and handle a ruler. Of course I started out with paper, then plastic etc. and then commercial model kits. My young self even did try my hands on a heat shield for my paper model which frankly worked for any number of fire blasts from a gas can. Like most it's "flyable". More or less my pride are flyable swing-wings, and nearly single piece designs of a D'eridex and F117. Minimalistic designs isn't a problem other than the power of imagination. I'm also into some RC modeling.
Well, I didn't do much figurines, although, I did some casting with metal and non-metal. Things didn't do well or didn't endure as expected so I gave up pretty quickly. I wished 3D printing was available then. It's all been more than a decade so my range is pretty wide on most anything.

Try nu-lcarsc. There aren't many so you can't really miss.

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby Drop_Bear » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi! Welcome to AST.
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:43 pm

Greetings and welcome Miomamma- we all look forward towards seeing your artwork.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Scotchyn
3/4 Highlander, 1/4 Tamale
3/4 Highlander, 1/4 Tamale

Postby Scotchyn » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:44 am

A late Welcome!, glad you joined up!

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby NCC1966 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:05 pm

I understand you, I am not restricted to ST too. From times to times I focus on different subjects. Currently I am leaned to ST (with one BSG kit in my collection) and some nice and hot anime resin girl figures!

Welcome to AST!

:mrgreen:
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “Introductions”