Konami Star Trek Models

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
TonyG2
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Konami Star Trek Models

Post by TonyG2 »

Doing some housekeeping at my image hosting site and found a few shots of the Konami Trek range

Reliant

Ent A

K'Tinga Class

Enterprise E

It has been a while since I dug these from their boxes and I had forgotten that, for their size and price, they were pretty good models. Definite edge over the older Furuta models. One of these days I will have to work out their scales.

There were more available. I think they did a Bird of Prey and maybe the Excelsior but I didn't find them (or else the Ebay prices at the time were a bit high)
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Konami Star Trek Models

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

This look awesome! Very detailed and well built!

Are they your's or just representatives of the product line?

If your's; very well done!

Steve
TonyG2
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: Konami Star Trek Models

Post by TonyG2 »

No that is just how they came. My only input was to open the box, plug them together and take the photos. I would love to take the credit but.... :D

I'm presently digging through my stash of toy/premade models. Most have been in storage for a few years and I always run the risk of buying additional models that I already have....

At present I have most (but by no means all)

Eaglemoss Star Trek collection. Probably have 80 out of the 90 or so released. Quality varies but there are some unique models available

Konami Star Trek (as shown)

F-Toys Star Trek Collection 1 (haven't bothered with the second set as the only new model is the JJPrise)

Hot Wheels Star Trek. Most are OK except for the refit E where the neck is distorted on my example. The Excelsior is great. Almost dead on 1/2500. Hard to find these days and they seem to be pricey on EBay. So far as I know they are the only company making a model of the Narada from the first JJTrek movie

Hallmark Star Trek keepsake ornaments. Got most of them. Particularly like the Delta Flyer, D'Kyr class and the NX-01

Johnny Lightning - Legends of Star Trek range. Again very good for the TOS and Refit which are to 1/2500.

Furuta Star Trek sets. Got most of these. At first they look pretty good but there are some issues with the soft plastic distorting. Nacelles can look a bit odd. They do a nice little model of the Defiant.

All of these are worth a look if you are short on space and want a decent display on your bookshelf.

Somewhere lurking around I have the old Playmates ships. I know I have the Enterprise D (made the mistake of trying to paint it), Romulan Bird of Prey and the Klingon Vor'Cha class attack cruiser. I know I have a couple of others but can't recall which. Was there a Galor class? Definitely not got the Voyager model.

Also have the Art Asylum Enterprise E which looks pretty good for a toy. And a pretty decent model of the NX-01 with light and sound effects. Good size. Not to big, not to small and very good paint finish. Only problem is the stand connects to the underside of the hull as a ball and socket joint and its loose, so the ship won't fly upright!

Return to “General Trek”