Star Trek "Ambushed" 7 inch

All figures, Ships and Accessories.
hemble
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Star Trek "Ambushed" 7 inch

Postby hemble » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:57 am

Hi All,

While in standard orbit around Trident Telsee IV awaiting to rendezvous with the U.S.S Parramatta for resupply. The Captain of the U.S.S Vampire orders a small six man away team to head down to the planet to do some routine surveying of the fauna on the planet.

After beaming down the team separate and start doing their surveys and not worried about the primative indigenous tribes that inhabit the planet as they have never cuased any problems in earlier visits to the planet.

Head Botanist Lieutenant Mike McDonald and Head of Security Lieutenant Jake Peterson after about an hour of seperating from the rest of the group get ambushed by the local primative tribes that inhabit the planet. McDonald is pierced in the back by a spear and dies instantly and Peterson drops to the ground and starts to open fire and while this is all going on he can't belive that they got AMBUSHED.

RECIPE

Figures - The figures and equipment are a mixer of TOS/DS9 Trails and Tribulations/Enterprise from Artasylum/Diamond Select series which was made a few years ago. The figures joints were superglued together and then puttied and let dry for a few hours.

Once the putty and glue had dried the uniforms (top & pants) were done by using tissue paper, I cut out the tissue paper and then used watered down PVA glue and attached it to the base figure and once the tissue paper dries it's actually very rigid.

The equipment as mentioned above is also from Artasylum/Diamond Select TOS series, the communicator's flip top section were cut and glue in place to simulate a closed communicator. The Tricorder is straight out of the package and was repainted, both the figures and equipment were painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW and artist paints.

Base - are two old picture frames I had in the cupboard glued and secured together, the ground work was built up using plaster of paris and fine washed river sand. The dirt is a mixer of smashed up kitty litter and dirt from a pot plant I keep outside, the grass is model railway grass which was atatched then painted.

The small tuft of grass are from Army Painter Modelling Supplies and they come ona sticky clear sheet and you just pull the tufts off and glue inplace. The larger plants are plastic which I picked up from the local pet shop and the spears are just skewer sticks cut to size and painted.

Ron

Last edited by hemble on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek "Ambushed" 7 inch

Postby Tesral » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:49 pm

He's dead Jim. Nicely done with some unusual base materials. I've not see dolls made into models quite that way.

CA and any paper or cardboard are very strong. You are basically making a fibrous plastic.

This fellow William Wardrop a friend of mine. He works entirely in cardboard and CA. He makes boats that float out of cardboard. The method is fast if you know what you are doing. I've used the same method with balsa wood for quick results.
Last edited by Tesral on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Postby Del » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Another awesome display! I love it that the "Red Shirt" lives. :D
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

Atlanthia

Postby Atlanthia » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:26 am

That's a really cool little diarama. Isn't the red shirt guy Commander Tucker from STE? If so, by putting him in a red shirt, this could equally be a scene from the two part story: In a Mirror Darkly, which is no bad thing in my book. :)

I love the attention to detal, as well. It certainly looks more realistic than the sets they used in the 60's! Fantastic workmanship, Hemble. You are obviously very skilled.
Last edited by Atlanthia on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Women with pointy ears turn me on......I know......I'm sick.....

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Nicely done.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

TrekMD
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby TrekMD » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:30 pm

That looks great!
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...

hemble

Postby hemble » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:08 am

Hi All,

Firstly I have to apologize for the very very late replies :oops: , I thought that I had replied to Tesral & Del when you both added comments sorry guys and thanks for the comments.

Atlanthia - Thanks mate and yes that is Tuckers head and a In a Mirror Darkly spin off would have been fantastic they really need to bring out another Trek series and even a animated series would be cool.

Moongrim & TrekMD - Cheers guys, glad yo like it and I'll have another one up in a few weeks.

Ron

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Postby Del » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:15 am

I wondered where you got off to. Glad you found your way back here, and can't wait to check out your upcoming thread. ;)
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

hemble

Postby hemble » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Del wrote:I wondered where you got off to. Glad you found your way back here, and can't wait to check out your upcoming thread. ;)

Thanks mate and yeah it has been a very year being deployed and doing commission work but it hopefully it should start to slow down for me now.

Ron

Return to “Action figures and Toy Ships”