Star Trek VI Phaser

Costumes, Everyday Wear, Jewelry and Props.
Lonewolf
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Star Trek VI Phaser

Postby Lonewolf » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:52 am

This is the Playmates phaser from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. I bought it from a seller on eBay a few years ago, and while it wasn't bad, I would have rather gotten one new in the package. But, at the time, it was the only one I could find that didn't have an insanely high price.

The third photo above shows the phaser with the energy clip removed. I had to add some styrene shims to hold the clip in tightly. When I received it, the clip was so loose that it didn't maintain contact with the batteries. A short bit of work with some styrene and all was well. As you can see, the shims don't show when the clip is inserted.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

DouglasGlenn
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: Star Trek VI Phaser

Postby DouglasGlenn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:57 am

I dropped out of collecting for about 15 years. I think I missed some of the coolest stuff to be released. Have seen these on ebay... as you said, usually at insane prices. Was wondering, are these really 1:1 scale? Playmates has not always been concientious with that.

Have also noticed the one from Master Replicas. Amazing!

Does anyone know if Diamond Select/Art Asylum has any plans to release versions of this or the ST:III phasers?

Shark
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Shark » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:56 pm

DouglasGlenn-

This PM phaser is not 1/1 scale, it is smaller than the real prop. DST has the Trek III phaser on their 'to do' list; I can imagine the 'Assault' phaser would come sometime after that.

Peregrinus
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby Peregrinus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:42 pm

Late to this particular thread, but since I have some useful scaling images, I thought I'd share. Here's the PM phaser:

...compared the the full scale MR version:

MR really knocked it out of the park with that replica. Here's a nice, in-depth review. They're out there, if pricey, but I deem that price to be well worth it. To quote Ferris Bueller: "It is choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

--Jonah

Return to “Clothing and Accessories”