Does AST have a rival?

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Does AST have a rival?

Postby Xen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:48 pm

I gathered that. :) However, I can't afford to take such chances just in case someone decides to twist my words. There are too many stirrers out there willing to do so.

I would still like to know of any site that has popped up in the last hear or so that might be contributing to the recent stats. That goes for anyone in the know that frequents various sites.

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Postby Steam235 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:23 am

Perhaps it's Star Wars. it's like a dozen new kits in the past year or so, the franchise is super popular. Sadly that's where my attention has been although I hear some trek kits calling me back.....

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Postby Del » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Perhaps some folks might get burned out or feel apathetic about Star Trek and change gears to Space 1999, Star Wars, BSG, or some other show, or even Real Space, cars, planes, or military to see if they can get their modeling mojo back.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 am

Del wrote:Perhaps some folks might get burned out or feel apathetic about Star Trek and change gears to Space 1999, Star Wars, BSG, or some other show, or even Real Space, cars, planes, or military to see if they can get their modeling mojo back.

An excellent notion- try something out on stuff that isn't so terribly important...
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:43 am

Moongrim wrote:
Del wrote:Perhaps some folks might get burned out or feel apathetic about Star Trek and change gears to Space 1999, Star Wars, BSG, or some other show, or even Real Space, cars, planes, or military to see if they can get their modeling mojo back.

An excellent notion- try something out on stuff that isn't so terribly important...

If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

RogueWolf
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Postby RogueWolf » Tue May 03, 2016 1:46 pm

I know I'm feeling burnt out in general. It keeps me from the bench...
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Wed May 04, 2016 1:32 pm

RogueWolf wrote:

Burn out is real. you go back when you're ready. Right now I've got some uncompleted models collecting dust.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

MEATLOAFr

Postby MEATLOAFr » Thu May 05, 2016 12:31 am

Moongrim wrote:
RogueWolf wrote:

Burn out is real. you go back when you're ready. Right now I've got some uncompleted models collecting dust.

I hear that, fell burned out a lot - takes a few "good days" in a row to be able to do much, and then family has to be willing to LET me do what I want
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Postby Xen » Thu May 05, 2016 5:10 am

Getting bored of building the same thing is normal. However, there has been a steady increase in traffic every month from 2012 to 2016, with the exception off a couple of February's and the last three months of of 2016 so far.

Traffic dipped by 2000+ unique visitors, so it has to be either the Star Wars hype or a rival (or both).

RogueWolf

Postby RogueWolf » Thu May 05, 2016 10:59 am

I haven't found a rival site (yet), I hope to get back into a few of my projects that have been put aside and get back to being a contributing member of the site as well...
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

Return to “Important”