Site updates and possible new additions

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Site updates and possible new additions

Postby Xen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:50 am

The software needs to be updated, a few bugs fixed and maybe add some new features added. All of this will depend on donations though. I can (if need be) foot the bill myself for all the "must do" updates (that I am currently aware of), but that is as far as I want to go without help.

There are a few of you that have donated, with some donating several times. You have my sincerest thanks for that. Not just for the monetary donations, but also for your commitment to the site and our community. Folks that donate their time visiting AST and contributing posts and pics are also truly appreciated. Unfortunately, that doesn't pay the bills though.

Below is a "to do" list, with approximate costs involved. I don't know if this warrants a "kickstarter" as the idea of that seems a little silly to me, but it's still an important issue.

I would also like to hear about any additional bugs, tweaks or new features you would like to see. For bugs be as specific as possible (what you did, so I can repeat the process and pass it on to the dev) and ideas (e.g. a gallery).

Must Do list
1) Forum software update
2) Forum MOD update
3) Bug fix. Receiving multiple e-mail notifications (up to 10 or more, lasting hours or even days) about the same PM, regardless of whether it is a mass PM or 1 to 1 PM.
4) Bug fix (receiving the same PM at least twice with identical time stamps). Listed in both the sender and recipients folders (Inbox, Sent and Outbox).

Tweaks list
1) New forum theme (e.g LCARS style, with header as E-D view screen)
2) Multi quote option
3) Member gallery
4) Better anti-spam countermeasures

TREK HOBBY.com list
1) Customized WordPress magazine style site, with reviews, features, news, gallery.
2) Full integration with AST software. Main site comments posted on the forums instead.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: Site updates and possible new additions

Postby Moongrim » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Money is tight. But I'll figure out something to donate. Give me time.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

TrekMD
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby TrekMD » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:10 am

Like the new ideas. Having an LCARS theme would be nice. I'll see about giving a donation to help keep things going. :)
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby Drop_Bear » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:56 am

The forum does need a lick of paint, doesn't it? I can't spare much, but I'll put put a few bob in next week. The proposed member gallery is an interesting idea. The blog, too.
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

Return to “Important”