Hailing Frequencies Open...

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
RogueWolf
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Re: Hailing Frequencies Open...

Postby RogueWolf » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:08 pm

My workbench is in the garage and I too use a portable heater...
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby shiftdel » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:06 pm

Working in half a dozen (or more) models requests, from here and Shapeways; also trying to get courage to finish my old 1/2500 AMT TOS Enterprise, and to paint my Jenghiz destroyer; for this one I can´t wait to try the declas that I bought to it

kobayashimaru
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby kobayashimaru » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:10 am

Howdy!
I've been on the boards as much as possible - AST is awesome stuff!
It's silly season, so a lot of things are all on the go.

briefly turning to my own threads and projects,
I'm still dabbling in trek stuff -
I have to be honest, and say that real-world SHTF transition is what is keeping me from the hobby lo the past 3 months or so... :lol:

None-to-worry, the 1:4848 bork cube v3 is still underway -
I have found a way to lazer/stamp the etch parts in fewer than 50 moves/recalibrations (which will save on choking hazards and decoupage assembly time, and enhance overall presentation of the completed article).
I've also been extremely lucky to have acquired all the railroad photoetch from a local modelshop that was closing down, so that will help on many projects :D
I will be looking soon to see who can make the clear/translucent layer, and will be trying a new slew of lighting effects.
The printer (line extruder k8203b) will be making the plastic outermost layer.

Similarly, I have begun work on v2 of the octahedron (small): it is to-scale with the Eaglemoss sphere and the Obelisk/Pylon v1, so that gives an idea of scale.
I am waiting on the POP pivotable knuckles and base, to finish that (the secret? some resin sprue is the same diameter, but with a cavity for the copper wire, to connect up an array of MEDs/LCD tape, and a small transistor which powers the unit from residual Wi-Fi or energy waves, so as to not require an inductor mat or power source).

Octahedron (the Queen's ship) v3 will be to-scale with the warp model cube,
~29cm at widest, and is a much more ambitious project that has been on the backburner for a long time - the sheer amount of photoetch, and sourcing the central bluey-green toroidal shape has been frankly a nightmare :lol:
it's not quite a sphere, and seems to change based on different appearances based on what I can find at ex-astris.

several others from "the collective" have also made borg-asteroids,
(using 'doc ock' style cut-up techniques with wire and lollypop stick)
and 'borg outposts' on asteroids - I am encouraging them to share their awesome work,
and am angling at acquiring one of the other projects (its a really massive asteroid complex).

further, wu-han and Fa-Heng are working on a pepakura upscaled unimatrix (as seen in endgame),
and a 3Sphere/polydimensional "future unimatrix"... I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Postby Tesral » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:39 am

kobayashimaru wrote:Howdy!
None-to-worry, the 1:4848 bork cube v3 is still underway.

Rezitecne er fudel. Starshipy in der pot!
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “Important”