How being "nice" to others is a bad thing...

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: How being "nice" to others is a bad thing...

Postby Moongrim » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:06 pm

cannon fodder wrote:Moon, i for one have always been in awe of how you handle yourself of these boards. Perhaps its just me. I do suffer from depression which sometimes gets the better of me.

So am I. It's not an easy fight. But it's worth the effort.

In the last week- I had to drop off my wife at hospital for a few days. And then the very next day, a hundred or so miles from home I popped my knee. I ended up having to drive my work rig home with my knee hurting something fierce.

It's getting better- everything. And that's what keeps me going. I know it does get better. So I force myself to keep going. Last night I got to bring the wife home. And she's glad to be home. I can start to walk a bit now without too much pain.

I also eat a few squares of dark chocolate for the serotonin boost in the morning. Seems to help, mood wise, if not waist wise :P .
Last year I had suicidal ideation- even on an antidepressant. This year, I weaned myself off of that stuff. Not easy. But I've discovered what it's like to feel emotions again. And it's overwhelming at times.

So yeah, cannon fodder, depression doesn't make things easy but it's worth the fight to keep going. And dang it! I've got a whole passel load of models to put together.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Postby Steam235 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Cannon, I'm sorry for the refit thread. Nothing was meant to be personal. I'd love to see more of the box scale kits redone or in the future. Some of you builds are my favorites because you've been building those ships, and the sacred scale is just to small for me.

cannon fodder
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby cannon fodder » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:00 pm

I dont. My wife doesnt get it. Picks at me actually. Im on meds but it only helps so much.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:03 pm

cannon fodder wrote:I dont. My wife doesnt get it. Picks at me actually. Im on meds but it only helps so much.

Well since I've done a Sacred Scale preview- I've gotten the bug for it now. And with the oversized magnifying glass...

I'm also looking at your work, and I like what I've seen so far.

I concur- the meds go only so far. What has helped me- is some mindfulness meditation.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mi ... meditation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzFKOeZXj0Q
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “Important”