Forum rules (Last updated: October 21st 2015)

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Forum rules (Last updated: October 21st 2015)

Postby Xen » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:36 am

Last updated: October 21st 2013 (updates in red).

A fairly simple set of "loose" rules (for now). Updates will follow as the forum evolves.

1) Play nice. Do not post anything anti-racial, anti-religious, sexist, x-rated or other inflammatory content that could be taken the wrong way. If you think it might start "WW3" on here, then kindly hold your peace.

2) Stay on topic. Try and respect the Original Posters thread and keep your replies on topic. We've all been guilty of going off on a tangent. If that happens, then try your best to steer it back on topic and get folks talking about what the OP was about.

3) Separate threads for each item. If you have pics of different items you'd like to share, please post them as separate threads (especially if the threads are pic heavy). This will give people a chance to post comments and discuss each item without confusion or clutter. The exception to the rule would be if you have comparison pics you want to share in an existing thread.

4) Add a multiple pic warning. There are no restrictions placed on the number of pics within a single post or topic. However, if you plan on posting a lot of pics (10 or more, high resolution), please include a "pic heavy" warning.

5) No animated "infinite loop" images of ANY size/type (e.g. avatars, banners and other images, used inline with posts, that play endlessly)*. Once should be enough. A few times is more than enough.

*With the exception of the animated smilies provided by AST.

Static images ARE allowed (and always have been). You Tube videos ARE allowed (embedded or otherwise, and always have been). Animated avatars ARE allowed (and always have been, provided they adhere to rule 5).

We want forum threads to retain a "clean" look and avoid clutter.

6) Starting a Poll. You are free to post a poll in any part of the forum (with the exception of this section and Feedback & Support). The subject can be serious or silly, just make sure you adhere to Rule 1. Adding Attachments. You can add pics via the "Upload attachment" option. When using this feature please try to keep the file size as small as possible though. The file size has been capped at 1MB per file.

7) Star Trek only "advertising" in avatars and/or profiles. The site doesn't have to be solely to do with Trek. It can even compliment ST, such as linking to hobby accessories. However, advertising sites/products that have nothing to do with Star Trek is forbidden.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Forum rules (Last updated: October 21st 2015)

Postby Xen » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:58 am

A small update. Comments/feedback/questions are welcomed in the Support & Feedback section.

Return to “Important”