Memory Lane

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
Tesral
Anything Goes Admiral
Anything Goes Admiral

Memory Lane

Postby Tesral » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:24 am

I found this going though old stuff. How old? It's a 4:3 flat screen monitor. Those that know will know what is is.

geek-b.jpg

Yep, the Mighty Ten-12 in its heyday.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Re: Memory Lane

Postby Del » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:52 am

Hmmm. I still use my 14 year-old AlienWare laptop with 4:3 screen. Just to play 20-year old computer games and use a flatbed scanner. The ALPS printer too if I ever figure out how to use it properly. Runs XP like a champ. Used it to enjoy the Mighty Ten-12. I wonder, whatever happened to Captain Bob?
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

Tesral
Anything Goes Admiral
Anything Goes Admiral

Postby Tesral » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:27 am

Del wrote:Hmmm. I still use my 14 year-old AlienWare laptop with 4:3 screen. Just to play 20-year old computer games and use a flatbed scanner. The ALPS printer too if I ever figure out how to use it properly. Runs XP like a champ. Used it to enjoy the Mighty Ten-12. I wonder, whatever happened to Captain Bob?

I have one on the desk for the old Amigas. My main monitors are the much newer 27' HD jobs.

I've often wondered myself where Captain Bob ended up. He went off to join the Army at about the worse time ever. I hope he is well.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

TonyG2
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby TonyG2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:17 am

Hmmm. I still use my 14 year-old AlienWare laptop with 4:3 screen. Just to play 20-year old computer games and use a flatbed scanner. The ALPS printer too if I ever figure out how to use it properly. Runs XP like a champ

Same here with an old but still running strong HP laptop that I bought circa 2002. I did have a slightly newer Acer laptop but it gave up the ghost late last year. Use the HP to play the Homeworld series of games plus Wing Commander. Homeworld will still run on my new Windows 7 laptop but the Acer gave the best performance, alas now RIP.

Return to “General Trek”