Nothing Really Going On Here

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Nothing Really Going On Here

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

el gato wrote:BUT I understand that people were touched about Captain Georgiou
Now that she is "gone" and I see Lorca, I miss Georgiou!
patrickivan wrote:You know, I forget about her. And while I wouldn't go so far as to have an emotional attachment to her character, I can say, she was the best character presented to date on ST:D

She was strong, had conviction, compassion, and was overall a likable character. She felt like a Starfleet Captain- Star Trek character. And that's the one gone from the show. They keep the assholes.
I agree, patrickivan! She seems to be the Archetype for Kirk and all that is the best of Star Trek. Since this is set in the time line prior to Kirk, that's my logic for the Archetype title. Kirk in RL was and always will be the Best!

But Lorca does not inspire, does not aspire for the betterment of his race, or anyone's race - he only wants to win a war "at any cost" - very much like Adm Marcus in "Into Darkness". I was glad when Khan crushed him. TBH, I expected more from Lorca and from Jason Isaacs.

But patrickivan is correct that I am not tied to any of the characters in ST:D. Why should I be?

The show is nothing more than a money grab by CBS; not the Star Trek the fans want or deserve.

IMHO

Steve
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

I look forward to seeing these episodes at some point now. "This thing runs on mushrooms?"
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

el gato wrote:I look forward to seeing these episodes at some point now. "This thing runs on mushrooms?"
Midichlorians.

....since its not really Star Trek anyway.... :lol:
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder »

el gato wrote:"This thing runs on mushrooms?"
I'm pretty sure the writers do.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Greyryder wrote:
el gato wrote:"This thing runs on mushrooms?"
I'm pretty sure the writers do.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

There was a meme circulating on Facebook that I did not save but it had me laughing whenever I thought about it. It was actually about Jason Isaacs' career. The first panel is dated 2003 (or thereabouts) where he's "saying" something along the lines that from now on he'll only work on the best movies, TV and scripts because he was so good on the West Wing. The second panel is dated 2017 and it has him on the captain's chair with a confused, perplexed look and he's thinking "This thing runs on mushrooms?"
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “General Trek”