Canon Constitution Class ships (seen, or mentioned by name on screen)

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Canon Constitution Class ships (seen, or mentioned by name on screen)

Post by NCC1966 »

Tesral wrote:Some things are not worth the arguments. I do as I do and others can do as they do. Rationalizing all of Trek is a road to madness, and I have see it drive people mad.
This!

:)
Thanks,

Yan.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Tesral wrote:
el gato wrote:Prior to the movies, there was nothing else but what we saw in TOS. We didn't even know how far into the future Star Trek took place
Roughly 200 years, kinda, maybe, give or take, sorta. Roddenberry was purposely vague on that.
Yeah, I got that. They were always fuzzy, referring to the 20th Century as "centuries ago." But was there anything more definitive stated in TOS? I don't recall (I also don't recall the USS Carolina, so admittedly my memory's not the best). I didn't think they ever set it in stone until TWOK with the line at the beginning, "In the 23rd Century..."
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

el gato wrote:Yeah, I got that. They were always fuzzy, referring to the 20th Century as "centuries ago." But was there anything more definitive stated in TOS? I don't recall (I also don't recall the USS Carolina, so admittedly my memory's not the best). I didn't think they ever set it in stone until TWOK with the line at the beginning, "In the 23rd Century..."
Tomorrow is Yesterday The Air Force dude threats to lock up Kirk for "200 years". Kirk states wryly "That will be just about right." And that is it. A throw away comment that some people latch onto like gospel.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Thanks. Yeah, that's about as vague as you can get.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “General Trek”