Favorite Ship Poll

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.

What are your top 10 ships?

Enterprise 1701
7%
Enterprise 1701 A
9%
Enterprise B
1%
Enterprise C
3%
Enterprise D
5%
Enterprise E
6%
Enterprise NX-01
3%
Enterprise NX-01 Refit
1%
Excelsior
4%
Reliant
5%
Defiant
5%
Voyager
4%
Prometheus
2%
Dauntless
0%
Relativity
0%
Nova
2%
Akira
4%
Steamrunner
1%
Norway
0%
Saber
1%
Stargazer
2%
ENT Warp Delta
No votes
ENT NV-01
0%
ENT Klingon Bird of Prey
1%
ENT Klingon Cruiser
1%
ENT Klingon Raptor
0%
ENT Romulan Bird of Prey
1%
ENT Orion Raider
0%
TOS Romulan Bird of Prey
3%
TOS Klingon D-7
4%
TOS Movies Klingon K't'inga
6%
TOS Movies Klingon Bird of Prey
4%
TNG Romulan D'deridex
2%
TNG Klingon Vor'cha
2%
DS9 Jem Hadar Fighter (Bug)
1%
DS9 JH Battlecruiser
1%
DS9 JH Battleship
1%
DS9 Cardassian Galor
1%
DS9 Cardassian Kheldon
0%
Son'a Battlecruiser
1%
Son'a Command Ship
0%
Ferengi D'Kora Marauder
1%
Klingon Negh'Vah
2%
Borg Cube
1%
Borg Sphere
1%
Borg Diamond
0%
Species 8472
1%
Breen Cruiser
1%
Kazon Fighter
0%
OTHER
2%

Total votes: 592

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Favorite Ship Poll

Post by zookman »

i personly think of the 2009 E as a follow up to enterprise .. not tos .. the nx looks too advanced compared to the tos ( mostly due to budgets and special effects tech for the shows of today compared to the budget and SE tech of the 60's ) that said i think that even tho archer is mentioned in a couple of later next gen/ds-9/voy episodes ( cant remember which lol ) names are the same but if we went back and predated an enterprise using a similar tech standard and such from the 60's just for a ships graphic .. maybe not even a saucer with warp pods .. something more similar to maybe the phoenix or something a bit different even .. as for lieing jj trek .. the ship is ok but i think the engines are way over sized for rest of ship and the size they state just dont match with the graphics or filming model shown .. now if they give it a refit i think the vengeance style engines would be a good match for the jjprise and would give it the look of the refit tos better .. as for story lines yeh lots of big bang and actio but not much story line .. but it follows pretty much any action show out to date ..
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

I have to agree about the Akira-prise. While a nice design in and of itself it looks wrong as a predecessor to the TOS Prise.

For Epiphany Trek we smooth it out, put more TOS looking nacelles on it and it becomes the Enexx class Lydia Sutherland light cruiser.

Fannon has the Lydia Sutherland as Kirk's ship prior to the Enterprise.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

zookman wrote:i think that even tho archer is mentioned in a couple of later next gen/ds-9/voy episodes ( cant remember which lol )
Nope. Archer's never mentioned in TNG/DS9/Voy. You might be thinking of Robert April, the Enterprise's captain before Christopher Pike.

Now, Archer is mentioned in the JJ movies
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Resin-Modeller
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Resin-Modeller »

Archer has a reference in Nemesis, it's apparently a Galaxy Class vessel beyond the nebula where the Enterprise fought the Scimitar :)

The lack of comments RE the NX-01 and her crew is kinda irrelevant, when was the last time someone in mid conversation said, oh did you know that guy Nelson... :P

I still like the good old Galaxy Class :)
RESIN MODELLER

1/2500 and 1/1400 Scale Star Trek Modeller. New Models monthly.
Full listings can be found here and are dispatched across the globe!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Resin-Modeller wrote:The lack of comments RE the NX-01 and her crew is kinda irrelevant, when was the last time someone in mid conversation said, oh did you know that guy Nelson... :P
Just the other day, actually.... :P

No, your typical lay person is not going to reference an old naval officer. However, such a reference would appear in a "hall of relics" where you're trying to highlight the legacy your ship inherits. I'm thinking specifically of the Rec Room in TMP and the Conference Room behind the bridge in TNG seasons 1-4. We know why they're not included, of course. ENT happened after those scenes and was subsequently retconned into the futuristic history of the Enterprise.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

You know, there is an ARCHER, but it's non-canon so it wouldn't be on this list anyway. I'm planning to re-release it next year.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

BOOM! BROKE THE TIE! :o :lol:
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

Very simple answer to a long poll: REFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something about that design still pulls at my heartstrings, and the scene when Kirk first sees the new Enterprise in TMP is still one of my all-time favorite scenes in the TOS crew series.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Shark
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Shark »

Thanks for the poll, Xen. That was fun. I had a hard time choosing! Thanks also for making it favorites, I'd be hard pressed to choose a favorite ship. If I did have to choose a single favorite Starship, it'd probably be the original U.S.S. Enterprise, there was so much promise in TOS where the universe felt big and our heroes seemed like the only ones out there. The later series, while great, felt cluttered and well-trodden. I'm not too big a fan of the ships with eliptical saucers. I love the Klingon designs from Enterprise but didn't mark them as favorites just because I prefer Starfleet ships.
karakel
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by karakel »

For reference my "other" was Romulan Valdore Warbird :-)

Karakel

Return to “General Trek”