Special edition 1/537 ertl refit

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
ulvdemon
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Special edition 1/537 ertl refit

Postby ulvdemon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I bought my rotary tool from Harbor Freight. Great for seeing if I am going to get any use from a tool, before shelling out alot of money for somethingt hat is going to sit in the case and not be used.
Now on to the refit. Are you going to paint the aztec pattern or apply it with a decal?

Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby Greyryder » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:20 am

ulvdemon wrote:Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I bought my rotary tool from Harbor Freight. Great for seeing if I am going to get any use from a tool, before shelling out alot of money for somethingt hat is going to sit in the case and not be used.
Now on to the refit. Are you going to paint the aztec pattern or apply it with a decal?

I use my Harbor Freight moto-tool more than I use my Dremel. The smaller size just feels more comfortable to me.

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby cannon fodder » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:21 am

Well here's an update. The cold weather has set in so no more painting outside with a rattle can. Living in a mobile home I have no basement or garage in which to paint so I have to wait for those prescious warm days to paint. I'm getting ready to sand the saucer down again and prep for the filler primer if and when it warms up. I also have been looking at the acurizing kit from dlm. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order this due to the corrected deflector dish and bussard collectors. I have also been working with small flat files and have corrected some of the issues with the nacelles. I also plan on getting some sheet styrene to use for the missing details on the top of them. I don't have pics to post this time but just letting you guys know where I'm at. I'm also looking into some aftermarket lighting kits to add to the existing lights. I'm also looking at the dlm replacement windows for the saucer as well as the missing windows that you have to cut out to insert like the others. Still a really long way off but I'm happy with the progress so far. I did complete a dry fit of the parts with lots of tape and found that the nacelles are going to line up just fine. I think they must have done some work on the special edition kit because I had a voyage home version of the kit and had horrible issues with the pylons lining up. If I have any patience left after this build I may just be tempted to do the 1/350. The good thing however was that with this auction I won the 18 inch tos enterprise as well as the 1/1000 enterprise b. I'm stocked up on kits for a while lol.

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby cannon fodder » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:44 am

Ok, I took some of your advice, which has been wonderful and bought some rustoleum filler primer. After some major sanding on the saucer and getting frustrated that I couldn't get the sanding marks to go away I sprayed it today with outstanding results. I'll post pics later on but I'm very happy with how it turned out. I have some minor cleanup to do before moving on. Next up is ordering the correction parts from DLM. I'm mainly intersted in the replacement saucer windows and the deflector dish and housing. Being a lit kit I'm also gonna try my hand at wiring the strobe flashers in conjunction with the included lighting kit. I'll post some pics tomorrow due to it being late in the day. Felt good to be able to make some progress.

LOOK MA...NO ANNOYING PANEL LINES!!!!!!!!!!!1

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby cannon fodder » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:15 am

ok just posted the pics

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby cannon fodder » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Ok. Im reviving this project. I have got a donor kit coming so i can experiment some before going on. I also have the dlm windows, deflector and other items coming too. Also i have a replacement decal sheet as well. Im going to order the tennacontrols light kit in a couple of days. I want to get the acreation aztec decals for her as well. Does anyone have a set they want to part with? Im going to take my time with this build. It may take most of my year to finish her.

ulvdemon
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby ulvdemon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Good to see this is coming back.. Can't wait to see what you have planned.

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby cannon fodder » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:41 pm

Well Cubey Terra sent me the dlm parts he didnt use and i won the rest except the b/c deck and impulse deck online. I am looking to get that in the mail today. I am going to take inventory today to decide where to go from there.

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby cannon fodder » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:51 am

Well, the parts are in and the dlm pieces are awesome. I cant wait to get started again. I already dry fitted the deflector, bridge and lower sensor dome. It's gonna shape up nice. The suppliment decal sheet turned out to be a pnt decals offering. I don't know much about them but they look good. Next is to figure out lighting and such. I will post pics later.

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby andyh » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:06 pm

cannon fodder wrote:Well Cubey Terra sent me the dlm parts he didnt use and i won the rest except the b/c deck and impulse deck online. I am looking to get that in the mail today. I am going to take inventory today to decide where to go from there.

I might have a B/C deck spare. Are you interested?

Andy

Return to “Misc”