A new Star Trek roleplaying game: STAR TREK ADVENTURES

Discuss 1/3900, 1/7000 and other miniatures here.
Modiphius_Sam
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

A new Star Trek roleplaying game: STAR TREK ADVENTURES

Post by Modiphius_Sam »

MODIPHIUS ENTERTAINMENT LTD
STAR TREK(TM) ADVENTURES
A NEW ROLEPLAYING GAME

Modiphius Entertainment, publisher of the Achtung! Cthulhu, Mutant Chronicles, Conan, Infinity and John Carter of Mars roleplaying games, is excited to announce today the development of Star Trek Adventures, the first new official Star Trek roleplaying game to be produced in more than a decade. The news comes as Star Trek fans worldwide celebrate Star Trek’s 50th anniversary in 2016.

Fans of the legendary Star Trek television series’ and films will not only boldly go to the final frontier, but they will shape the voyages and missions through the Star Trek Adventures living campaign playtest. Each player will experience the game differently based on the ship they are assigned to and attendees of Gen Con will have the exclusive North American opportunity to choose their ship, as well as claim a free Captain Kirk or Captain Picard miniature, while supplies last, when they register for the playtest. Registration will take place daily at the Modiphius booth #2737 in the Gen Con exhibit hall August 4 – 7, 2016.

Additional sign-ups will launch online from late August at https://www.modiphius.com/star-trek and fans in Europe will have their chance to claim Kirk or Picard at the Modiphius booth at Essen-Spiel in Germany in October and at Dragonmeet in the UK in December. The living campaign playtest will launch in the fall.

Star Trek Adventures will use the Modiphius 2d20 game system (Mutant Chronicles, Infinity, Conan, John Carter of Mars) designed by Jay Little (Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, X-Wing Miniatures Game). Modiphius is also sculpting an accompanying Star Trek miniature figure line, the first to be produced in 17 years. Resin and metal 32mm-scale hobby figures will feature classic Star Trek characters and crews, boarding parties and away teams. Geomorphic tile maps of burning Federation ships, mysterious colonies and embattled Klingon cruisers will set the scene for dramatic new voyages in the Final Frontier.

Under license by CBS Consumer Products, Star Trek Adventures is slated for a Summer 2017 release and the playtest crews will be listed in the Star Trek Adventures book manifest. Sign up for Starfleet now at https://www.modiphius.com/star-trek

FAO Forum Admins and Moderators: We have posted this information here because we believe the information above is relevant to your users. If we have posted incorrectly or without authority please feel free to move or delete this post. If you would like to get in touch please use the details provided on our user account.
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: A new Star Trek roleplaying game: STAR TREK ADVENTURES

Post by Scotchyn »

will have to check it out, thanks for the info
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Ooooooh! I will probably be picking this one up.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Sounds intriguing.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

I wish them well, but I would not touch that License with a ten foot pole. It has a history of bad faith and ruin. Usually on the part of TPTB.

Four times Star Trek roles playing has been produced, each with a different system. It has done poorly. FASA, Task Force Games, Last Unicorn Games, Decipher. All have come and gone. Twice with TPTB yanking the license.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Tesral wrote:I wish them well, but I would not touch that License with a ten foot pole. It has a history of bad faith and ruin. Usually on the part of TPTB.

Four times Star Trek roles playing has been produced, each with a different system. It has done poorly. FASA, Task Force Games, Last Unicorn Games, Decipher. All have come and gone. Twice with TPTB yanking the license.
There's a fan made D20 modern system that isn't bad. Traveler's ok for Trek too, but I only glanced at the rulesfor it.

Also, and this is from a 3rd or 4th party source, but people on reddit who claim to have neta tested these rules don't love it. Something about the mechanics being specifically designed to make custom campaigns tough to do, but I can't imagine that being the case. I tend to cherry pick rules when I play with different systems, but if the basics of the game are terrible then I won't get more than the core book.

Return to “Gaming”