Please Delete

Discuss 1/3900, 1/7000 and other miniatures here.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Kobayashimaru's Guide to TTGs

Post by DefiantClient »

I have so much Attack Wing stuff, but nobody I know wants to play. The areas that do play are usually days I'm otherwise busy or just wanna hang with the missus after a long day. wouldn't really be into the competitive scene, but I've made some fun large scale scenarios for the game that I would think are fun.

I've only played one game of Fleet Captains and it was super fun. Again a game nobody I know wants to play. :(
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Well, I've only played fleet captains once, but the scenario I played was pretty fun. I can't remember many details from the game, but I do remember the klingons being pretty beefy. I don't play games through corrispondence (skype, Vassal) though I'm open to it, I guess. I've heard lots of success with D&D when I went to a panel at Pax East one year.

Is the 40k in 40 mins you are referring to the Kill Team rules? I can't see that working with ships, but if there's an "away team" miniatures game on the way with actual starfleet or klingon or romulan officers duking it out, I'm on board for that.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Ah, that's the OLD kill team rules I think you're referring to (though I could be wrong?) I'm talking about the rules introduced in a 5th or 6th edition 40k mission supplement. I think new rules were released with 7th edition recently. Basically you could only spend 200 points. You build a unit and every model will act independently during the game. You're also allowed to assign 3 Special rules to 3 individual models (example: one could have feel no pain, one could have furious charge, and one could have fleet of foot). I haven't played it in a long time, but the idea of applying something similar to a Star Trek Away Team style game sounds really really fun.

Return to “Gaming”